COVID-19-Related Health and Practices Among Dental Hygienists
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04542915|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : September 9, 2020
Last Update Posted : January 15, 2021
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|SARS-CoV Infection Anxiety Depression Occupational Problems Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Infection||Other: No intervention|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||4776 participants|
|Observational Model:||Ecologic or Community|
|Official Title:||COVID-19-Related Health and Practices Among Dental Hygienists|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 29, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 2021|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||October 2021|
U.S. licensed dental hygienists
Dental hygienists licensed in the United States. No intervention will be administered.
Other: No intervention
- COVID-19 probable or confirmed case [ Time Frame: 18 months ]2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) case as confirmed by clinician and/or detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen or antibody
- Anxiety [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assessed using the Patient Health Questionnaire for Depression and Anxiety (PHQ-4). Two items scored 0 to 3 (total score of 0-6), with higher numbers indicating greater anxiety.
- Depression [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assessed using the Patient Health Questionnaire for Depression and Anxiety (PHQ-4). Two items scored 0 to 3 (total score of 0-6), with higher numbers indicating greater depressive symptoms.
- Dental practice infection control efforts [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Self-reports of infection control efforts in the respondents' primary dental practices.
- Personal protective equipment [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Availability, frequency of use, and frequency of reuse of personal protective equipment
- Employment status [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Self-descriptions of current level of employment as a dental hygienist and reasons for non-employment.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04542915
|United States, Illinois|
|American Dental Association|
|Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60611|