Impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Patients With Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04330521|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 1, 2020
Last Update Posted : November 8, 2022
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Official Title:||Impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Patients With Cancer|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 8, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||May 2024|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||May 2024|
- Number of participants who fill out the survey and participate in the semi-structured interviews. [ Time Frame: 12 Months ]We will track the number of participants who fill out the survey for the 12 month duration of the study and the number of participants who participate in the semi-structured telephone interviews.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years to 99 Years (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
|Sampling Method:||Non-Probability Sample|
Individuals who are diagnosed with any cancer diagnosis . We plan to enroll as many patients as possible in the survey portion of the study - we have no limitation of the numbers and do not require a specific number to participate although we hope to achieve at least 50 participants who fill out the survey.
Among survey participants, we plan to enroll 18-30 participants in semi-structured telephone interviews. These participants will be randomly selected among those who filled out the survey.
The research procedures are as followed:
- Survey: An online survey link will include questions regarding the impact patients with cancer are experiencing during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Semi-structured Interviews (18-30 participants): For those participants who state that they would like to participate in an interview, a random sample will be contacted.
- The patients must be 18 years or older.
- Patients who opt in to complete the survey.
- Patients must have the capacity to verbally consent for the interview.
1.Patients who under the age of 18 years old.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04330521
|United States, California|
|Stanford University School of Medicine||Recruiting|
|Stanford, California, United States, 94305|
|Contact: Manali I Patel, MD MPH MS 650-723-4000 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Manali I Patel, MD MPH MS|
|Responsible Party:||Manali Indravadan Patel, Assistant Professor, Stanford University|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||April 1, 2020 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||November 8, 2022|
|Last Verified:||November 2022|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||Undecided|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
Life Change Events
Respiratory Tract Infections
RNA Virus Infections
Respiratory Tract Diseases