Brain Health Registry (BHR)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02402426|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : March 30, 2015
Last Update Posted : July 23, 2019
|Condition or disease|
|Healthy Neurodegenerative Disease|
Through advertisement and community outreach, potential participants will be directed to the website, BrainHealthRegistry.org. The overall goal of this project is to identify, assess and longitudinally monitor subjects who are interested in participating in brain research. Participants will enroll through the website, BrainHealthRegistry.org, and provide informed consent prior to any study activities.
The website will include:
- Information about the Brain Health Registry (who is eligible to participate, the goals of the project and other relevant information about investigators and sponsors involved in the Initiative)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) such as "How will my information be used?", "How will patient information be safeguarded?", "What information will be requested?", "How much time will be required for registration and testing?" will be addressed for participants.
- General information about Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases discussed in lay terms Links to sites that may be of interest to participants
- Login to our secure Registry website
The Registry will be a large, online database of volunteers who are interested in participating in neuroscience research. While anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to join the Registry, the intent is to concentrate all efforts on enrolling participants age 55 years and older. It will consist of online tools and databases, which are HIPAA-compliant and secure.
- Participants will access the Registry by going to the BHR website, BrainHealthRegistry.org
- Participants will provide their email address and create an account and username with the Registry
- The Registry will send an automatic email to the participant to verify their email address
- Participants will read the online Information Sheet and will be asked to provide their consent by clicking either "I consent" or "I decline." Participants who decline to participate in the Registry will be automatically directed out of the Registry website
- Participants who give their consent will be permitted to continue through the registration process, which includes completing a battery of questionnaires designed to obtain a general understanding of participants health, medical history wellbeing
- In addition to questionnaires, participants will be able to complete online cognitive assessments.
- Participants will given the option to elect a Caregiver and/or Study Partner (CASP) to enrich their study profile.
- Participants may be referred to other research studies and/or clinical trials
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100000 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||10 Years|
|Official Title:||Brain Health Registry|
|Study Start Date :||September 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2023|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2028|
- Alzheimer's Disease [ Time Frame: 10 years ]
- Neurodegenerative Diseases [ Time Frame: 10 years ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02402426
|Contact: Jacqueline Hayesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Diana Truran-Sacrey||Diana.Truran@ucsf.edu|
|United States, California|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94143|
|Contact: Joseph Eichenbaum email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Michael Weiner, MD||University of California, San Francisco|