Study of Glembatumumab Vedotin (CDX-011) in Patients With Metastatic, gpNMB Over-Expressing, Triple Negative Breast Cancer (METRIC)
Metastatic gpNMB Over-expressing Triple Negative Breast Cancer.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Randomized Multicenter Pivotal Study of CDX-011 (CR011-vcMMAE)in Patients With Metastatic, gpNMB Over-Expressing, Triple Negative Breast Cancer (The METRIC Study)|
- Progression Free Survival (PFS) [ Time Frame: Evaluated every 6 - 9 weeks following treatment initiation ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]PFS is defined as the time from randomization to the earlier of disease progression or death due to any cause.
- Objective Response Rate (ORR) [ Time Frame: Evaluated every 6 - 9 weeks following treatment initiation ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]ORR is defined as the proportion of patients who achieve best overall response of complete or partial response according to RECIST 1.1.
- Duration of Response (DOR) [ Time Frame: Evaluated every 6 - 9 weeks following treatment initiation ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Overall Survival (OS) [ Time Frame: During treatment and 3 months from end of treatment through end of study or approximately up to 5 years. ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Adverse Events (AE) [ Time Frame: Usually following at least 1 cycle of study treatment (1 dose of CDX-011 or capecitabine and until discontinuation of follow-up) ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]The percentage of patients experiencing one or more adverse events will be summarized by treatment arm, relationship to study drug, and severity.
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) [ Time Frame: Following 1 dose of CDX-011. ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]Concentration of the antibody-drug conjugate, total antibody and free MMAE will be determined.
|Study Start Date:||November 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||November 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||November 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Active Comparator: Capecitabine
Capecitabine will be administered on Days 1 through 14 of each 21 day cycle.
Experimental: Drug: CDX-011
CDX-011 administered as an intravenous infusion on Day 1 of each 21 day cycle.
CDX-011 consists of an antibody attached to a drug, monomethyl auristatin E (MMAE), that can kill cancer cells. The antibody delivers the drug to cancer cells by attaching to a protein called glycoprotein NMB (gpNMB) that is expressed on the cancer cell. The MMAE is then released inside of the cell, where it interferes with cell growth and may lead to cell death.
This study will examine the effectiveness and safety of CDX-011 in patients with advanced TNBC that makes the gpNMB protein. The effect of CDX-011 will be compared to treatment with capecitabine.
Eligible patients who enroll in the study will be randomly assigned (by chance) to receive treatment with CDX-011 or with capecitabine. For every three patients enrolled, two will receive CDX-011 and one will receive treatment with capecitabine. All patients enrolled in the study will be closely monitored to determine if their cancer is responding to treatment and for any side effects that may occur.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01997333
|Contact: Celldex Therapeuticsemail@example.com|
Show 137 Study Locations