Clinical Analysis of Pain After Hysterectomy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01706549|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 15, 2012
Results First Posted : June 2, 2015
Last Update Posted : February 13, 2017
Patients undergone either laparoscopic or vaginal hysterectomy will called for a clinical examination 1-3 years after surgery, if they suffer from pain 6 months after surgery. The aims of the study are:
- to reveal whether the pain is postsurgical in nature, or if there are any other reasons for the pain.
- to reveal the type of pain, neuropathic, nociceptive or idiopathic.
- to reveal the impact of pain on quality of life.
|Condition or disease|
Patients undergone either laparoscopic or vaginal hysterectomy will called for a clinical examination 1-3 years after surgery, if they suffer from pain 6 months after surgery. All patients were treated in Pirkanmaa District Hospital and the anesthesia was either propofol-infusion or sevoflurane gas with remifentanil-infusion.
6months after the surgery, questionnaires about pelvic pain were sent to the patients. Patients still having pain at that time, were invited for detailed sensory and gynecological examinations.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||16 participants|
|Official Title:||Chronic Pain After Hysterectomy, Qualitative Analysis of Pain and Its Impact on Quality of Life|
|Study Start Date :||March 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2013|
Observational study on posthysterectomy pain
- Type of Chronic Pain After Hysterectomy [ Time Frame: 1-3 years after hysterectomy ]Number of participants with probable neuropathic, possible neuropathic, pain had subsided and other type of pain.
- Quality of Life After Hysterectomy [ Time Frame: 1-3 years after hysterectomy ]Quality of life as measured by the SF-36, which consists of 8 scales.
- Is the Pain Due to Hysterectomy? [ Time Frame: 1-3 years ]Number of patients having posthysterectomy pain versus other pain
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01706549
|Tampere University Hospital|
|Tampere, Finland, 33200|
|Principal Investigator:||Satu Pokkinen, MD||Tampere University Hospital|
|Study Director:||Maija-Liisa Kalliomäki, MD, PhD||Tampere University Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Kari Nieminen, MD, Doc||Tampere University Hospital|