Primary Outcome Measures:
- To determine the spectrum and natural history of lymphoproliferative disorders in Nairobi, Kenya [ Time Frame: 2.5 Years ]
To determine the spectrum and natural history of lymophoproliferative disorders in Nairobi, Kenya by prospectively recruiting subjects with biopsy-proven malignant lymphoma including non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's lymphoma regardless of age, sex and HIV-serostatus (cohort study), who are seen at the Kenyatta National Hospital for treatment.
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- To perform a comprehensive clinicopathological study in these subjects. [ Time Frame: 2.5 Years ]
To perform a comprehensive clinicopathological study in these subjects with complete virological, immunophenotypic, and molecular characterization of retrieved tumor tissues and peripheral blood samples for purposes of identifying prognostic and predictive biomarkers of clinical outcome (i.e. treatment response, freedom from disease progression, and overall survival) in which to begin to frame pragmatic, risk-adapted therapeutic interventions suitable for the resource constrained setting in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Companion R01 proposal: Clinicopathological Cohort Study of EBV-Associated Lymphomas in Kenya [ Time Frame: To be submitted next 6 months to 1 year ]
- Aim 1: Determine the tissue biomarkers of EBV infection in AIDS-related lymphomas (ARL) in Kenya
- Aim 2: Compare the pattern of EBV persistence in patients with EBV+ and EBV- lymphoma
- Aim 3: Determine predictors of treatment outcome in AIDS-related lymphomas (ARL)
Tumor tissue, blood plasma and serum upon consent and suitability of sample preparation.
Comprehensive prospective cohort study of lymphoproliferative diseases in Nairobi, Kenya.