Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy With Nedaplatin Versus Cisplatin in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01540136|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 28, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 28, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma||Drug: Nedaplatin Drug: Cisplatin||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||402 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Randomized Phase III Non-inferiority Study of Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy With Nedaplatin Versus Cisplatin in Locoregionally Advanced Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma|
|Study Start Date :||February 2012|
|Primary Completion Date :||May 2014|
|Study Completion Date :||July 2016|
Nedplatin combine with IMRT
Nedaplatin 100mg/m2(3 weekly),D1,D22,D43 of RT
Other Name: NDP
Active Comparator: Cisplatin
Cisplatin combine with IMRT
Cisplatin 100mg/m2(3 weekly),D1,D22,D43 of RT
Other Name: DDP
- Progress-free survival [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Progress-free survival is calculated from the date of randomization to the date of the first progress at any site.
- Determine the toxic effects, both quantitatively and qualitatively, and quality of life (QoL) of these regimens in these patients. [ Time Frame: 4 weeks ]Administration and Monitoring Patients will be evaluated in the clinic and eligibility and informed consent obtained. Patients will be monitored for clinical toxicity by standard NIH criteria. QoL was assessed using the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life Questionnaire C30 (EORTCQLQ-C30) and EORTC QLQ Head and Neck. A time period of 4 weeks will constitute the time for clinical safety monitoring.
- Complete Response (CR) [ Time Frame: after the completion of the chemoradiotherapy treatment (up to 9 weeks) ]CR assessed by independent reviewers, according to the Modified Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) from the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Disease response evaluated after the completion of the chemoradiotherapy treatment. Complete response defined as the complete disappearance of the target and non-target lesion(s) identified at baseline after radiological evaluation by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) only.
- Overall Survival(OS) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]The OS was defined as the duration from the date of random assignment to the date of death from any cause or censored at the date of the last follow-up.
- Locoregional Relapse-Free Survival(LRRFS) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]The LRRFS is evaluated and calculated from the date of random assignment until the day of first locoregional relapse or until the date of the last follow-up visit.
- Distant Metastasis-Free Survival (DMFS) [ Time Frame: 2 years ]The DMFS is evaluated and calculated from the date of random assignment until the day of first distant metastases or until the date of the last follow-up visit.
- Anti-neoplasms sensitization effects of chemotherapy to radiotherapy [ Time Frame: radiotherapy in 20Gy、40Gy、70Gy ]Tumor response will be evaluated by physical examination and nasopharyngoscopy when radiotherapy in 20Gy、40Gy、70Gy.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis [ Time Frame: completion of chemoradiotherapy ]The determination of cost, including direct cost drug fees, inspection fees, expenses and nursing cost; cost-effectiveness analysis, such as cost-effectiveness ratio (ratio of the direct cost and short - and long-term curative effect) and incremental cost-effectiveness ratio (i.e., increasing costs and increase short or long-term efficacy ratio).
- Correlate effects of CCRT with biomarkers of response and predictors of long-term outcome [ Time Frame: before chemoradiotherapy and after chemoradiotherapy ]Early identification of patients who will have more aggressive disease soon after diagnosis has been a major goal, we will investigate the correlate effects of CCRT with biomarkers of response and predictors of long-term outcome in these patients.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01540136
|Department of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center|
|Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, 510060|
|Principal Investigator:||HaiQiang Mai, MD,Ph.D||Cancer center|