Endometrial Priming for Embryo Transfer
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01430650|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 8, 2011
Last Update Posted : September 20, 2017
The aim of this trial is compare two different endometrial priming protocols
- women that receive oral estrogens
- women that receive transdermal estrogens
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Sterility||Drug: Oral strogen Drug: Transdermal strogen||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||140 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Randomised Control Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Two Different Protocols of Endometrial Priming for Embryo Transfer.|
|Study Start Date :||July 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2015|
|Experimental: Oral strogen||
Drug: Oral strogen
2 mg of estradiol every day beginning the second day of the cycle until day 7. 4 mg of estradiol every day beginning 8th day of the cycle until day 10. 6 mg of estradiol every day beginning 11th day of the cycle until day 16.
|Experimental: Transdermal strogen||
Drug: Transdermal strogen
One patch of 75 mcg of estradiol hemimydrate every 48 h from 2 to day 6. Two patches of 75 mcg of estradiol hemimydrate every 48 h from 6 to day 12. Three patches of 75 mcg of estradiol hemimydrate every 48 h from 12 to day 16.
- Difference between day means in endometrial priming to achieve 7 mm. [ Time Frame: 11-16 days ]
- Biochemical Pregnancy rate [ Time Frame: 26-30 days ]To calculate the biochemical pregnancy rate, we will divide the number of biochemical pregnancy into the number of embryonary transference and multiply by 100.
- The patient's adherence to the recommended treatment. [ Time Frame: 1-16 days ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01430650
|Hospital del Mar|
|Barcelona, Spain, 08003|