Sorafenib Maintenance Therapy for Patients With AML After Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01398501|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 20, 2011
Last Update Posted : March 22, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Acute Myeloid Leukemia||Drug: Sorafenib||Phase 1|
Subjects will taken sorafenib orally either once or twice daily. Subjects will come to the Bone Marrow Transplant Clinic 3 times (on Day 8, 15, and 30) during the first month of treatment. After the first month, they will be seen every month for 3 months and then at 9 at 6 and 9 months. Subjects will have a physical exam and be asked questions regarding general health and specific questions about any problems they might be having and any medications they are taking.
Subjects will have standard blood tests every month for 12 months to check liver and kidney function and complete blood count.
Subjects will have research blood tests on Days 8, 15 and 30 during the first month of treatment.
Subjects will have a bone marrow biopsy after 3 months and 12 months of treatment.
Subjects will receive treatment for up to 12 months and be followed for 1 year after completing the study.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||22 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase I Trial of Sorafenib Maintenance Therapy for Patients With FLT3-ITD AML After Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation|
|Study Start Date :||August 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||September 2015|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2016|
Experimental: Post-SCT Sorafenib
Sorafenib will be given as maintenance therapy after allo HCT to patients with FLT3-ITD AML.
Oral, 200 to 400 mg QD or BID
Other Name: BAY 43-9006
- Maximum Tolerated Dose [ Time Frame: 3 years ]To define the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of maintenance sorafenib after allogeneic HSCT
- Median number of days sorafenib tolerated [ Time Frame: 3 years ]Define the median number of days of sorafenib tolerated prior to dose-limiting toxicity or disease relapse
- Rate of serious infections [ Time Frame: 3 years ]Rate of serious infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, or other) after starting sorafenib
- Rate of acute GVHD [ Time Frame: 3 years ]Rate of grades II-IV acute graft-vs-host disease (GVHD) after starting sorafenib
- Rate of chronic GVHD [ Time Frame: 3 years ]Rates of significant chronic GVHD after starting sorafenib
- Survival [ Time Frame: 3 years ]1-year and 2-year progression-free and overall survival after HSCT
- Impact of sorafenib on bone marrow and serum levels of FLT3-ITD quantitative PCR [ Time Frame: 3 years ]To assess the impact of sorafenib on quantitative bone marrow and serum levels of FLT3-ITD DNA in patients (as measured by PCR) with FLT3-ITD AML after allogeneic SCT
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01398501
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Massachusetts General Hospital|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02114|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02214|
|Principal Investigator:||Yi-Bin Chen, MD||Massachusetts General Hospital|