Original Query: ALL
Previous Study | Return to List | Next Study
COMPLIANCE An Observational Study of Treatment Compliance and Quality of Life in Patients on Antihypertensive Medication
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01274494|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 11, 2011
Last Update Posted : September 11, 2013
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
The aim of this multi-centre survey is to assess treatment adherence and quality of life in a Jordanian and Lebanese population newly diagnosed with hypertension or with uncontrolled essential hypertension being on antihypertensive treatment for at least 6 months.
|Condition or disease|
|High Blood Pressure|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||1501 participants|
|Official Title:||COMPLIANCE An Observational Study of Treatment Compliance and Quality of Life in Patients on Antihypertensive Medication|
|Study Start Date :||May 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||September 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||September 2012|
Primary Outcome Measures :
- Compliance rate [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Identify the percentage of subjects compliant to their antihypertensive treatment.
Secondary Outcome Measures :
- Health Related Quality of Life (MINICHAL Score) [ Time Frame: 6 months ]To compare and identify changes in the quality of life before and after anti-hypertensive treatment.
- Type of pharmacological treatments [ Time Frame: 6 months ]To identify the pharmacological treatments used by physicians in Jordan and Lebanon to treat patients newly diagnosed or with uncontrolled hypertension.
- Factors affecting adherence to treatment [ Time Frame: 6 months ]To identify associated factors that may alter adherence to anti-hypertensive treatment.
- Compliance rate by antihypertensive regimen used [ Time Frame: 6 months ]To compare treatment rate for different antihypertensive regimen used
- Percentage of controlled patients [ Time Frame: 6 months ]To identify the percentage of patients reaching their target blood pressure according to the JNCVII criteria.
No Contacts or Locations Provided