Japan Central Aortic Pressure Prospective Study (J-CARP)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01243840|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : November 19, 2010
Last Update Posted : January 25, 2012
Purpose of the study
- The predictive value of central aortic pressure and aortic pulse wave velocity (PWV) in a Japanese population is not known. The purpose of this study is to quantify the predictive value of these indices in the determination of cardiovascular risk.
- Recently, a non-invasive method to separate the aortic pressure waveform into the separate ejection pressure wave and reflected pressure wave has become available. With this decomposition method, it is possible to estimate aortic PWV (named AVI). The second objective of this study is to determine if AVI can be a substitute for carotid-femoral PWV (cf-PWV), the current gold standard for aortic PWV measurement.
- To study vascular aging of the Japanese population by evaluating central blood pressure and aortic PWV by age, and compare these values to similar studies done in Caucasian and Chinese patient populations.
- To study the relationship between the magnitude of the aortic reflected pressure wave and the degree of left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy and LV diastolic function.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||3000 participants|
|Official Title:||Central Blood Pressure Follow-up Study in Japanese|
|Study Start Date :||June 2010|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 2014|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2019|
- •Composite of following events: sudden death, cardiovascular death, stroke, coronary events, heart failure [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
- New onset of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or atrial fibrillation [ Time Frame: 5 years ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01243840
|Iwakuni City Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Iwakuni, Yamaguchi, Japan, 740-0021|
|Contact: Yoshio Matsui +81-827-21-3211 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Yoshio Matsui, MD|
|Study Director:||Kazuomi Kario, MD||Jichi Medical University School of Medicine|