Tumor Lysate Pulsed Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Patients With Brain Tumors
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00576537|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 19, 2007
Last Update Posted : May 3, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Glioblastoma||Biological: Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy||Phase 2|
To become eligible for therapy the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- No age or gender limit
- Patients with atypical malignant brain tumors.
- Must have a Karnofsky performance of at least 60%
- Hematologic studies and chemistry profiles will be within the parameters of the protocol
- Tumor specimen of adequate size to yield protein concentration, tumor lysate peptide must be generated in sufficient quantity and patient must have no prior sensitivity to the components of the dendritic cell vaccine.
- Patients are excluded if they have systemic disease, presence of acute infection, known history of autoimmune disorder and pregnancy.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase ll Trial of Tumor Lysate-Pulsed Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Patients With Atypical or Malignant, Primary or Metastatic Brain Tumors of the Central Nervous System|
|Study Start Date :||March 2001|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2011|
Experimental: Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy
Patients who consent to participate in the study and receive the Dendritic Cell vaccine manufactured from their own tumor cells.
Biological: Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy
Patients will receive four vaccines.
Other Name: Dendritic Cell vaccine
- Evaluate the safety/toxicity of subcutaneous injections of autologous dendritic cells [ Time Frame: One year ]Cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) precursor frequency
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00576537
|United States, California|
|Cedars Sinai Medical center|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90048|
|Principal Investigator:||John Yu, M.D.||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|