Effects of Lidocaine Patch on Intradermal Capsaicin Induced Pain and Hyperalgesia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00373893|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 8, 2006
Last Update Posted : September 8, 2006
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pain Hyperalgesia||Drug: Lidoderm Patch||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||12 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Official Title:||Effects of Lidocaine Patch on Intradermal Capsaicin Induced Pain and Hyperalgesia|
|Study Start Date :||December 2005|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2006|
- Neurosensory testing
- Four neurosensory tests: warm and cold sensation,warm/cold pain/touch/mechanical pain.
- Warm and cold sensation measured w/a Thermal Sensory
- Touch will be measured using von Frey hairs. Calibrated von Frey hairs are filaments of varying size. The filament are selected at random and 3 successive stimuli are applied for 1.5 second at 5 second intervals per filament
- Mechanical pain will be measured using von Frey hairs. Endpoint will be pain.
- Allodynia and Hyperalgesia
- At the completion of the stimulation, areas of cutaneous allodynia and hyperalgesia will be mapped. The region of hyperalgesia will be established with a 5.18 von Frey hair, and the area of allodynia with a foam brush gently stroked on the skin.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00373893
|United States, California|
|UCSD Center for Pain and Palliative Care|
|La Jolla, California, United States, 92037|
|Principal Investigator:||Mark S. Wallace, MD||University of California, San Diego|