Online HIV Prevention Vignette Evaluation
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00249327|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 7, 2005
Last Update Posted : April 19, 2007
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|HIV Infections||Behavioral: education||Not Applicable|
- Men over 18 years of age will be recruited for the study through a banner posted on the exit page of manhunt.net an internet gay hook-up site. Those clicking on the banner will go to the evaluation website (www.hivbigdeal.org)
- asked to read the consent and click agreement.
- asked to complete a relatively brief questionnaire about their sexual behavior, HIV testing and HIV disclosure in the preceding three months
- watch the 8 minute dramatic vignette
- complete a brief questionnaire that elicits their response to the video and their HIV testing and disclosure intentions.
- if they agree to provide the study with their e-mail address, participants will be re-contacted in three months and asked to complete a second behavioral survey online that asks about sexual behavior, HIV testing and HIV disclosure in the three months since watching the vignette.Behavior before and after watching the vignette will be compared.
- The entire study will be conducted online.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Online HIV Prevention Vignette Evaluation|
|Study Start Date :||October 2005|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2006|
- Increase in HIV testing
- Increase in disclosure of HIV status to sex partner
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00249327
|United States, New York|
|Medical and Health Research Association of New York City, Inc.|
|New York, New York, United States, 10013|
|Principal Investigator:||Mary Ann Chiasson, DrPH||Medical and Health Research Association of New York City Inc.|