Psychedelics and Wellness Study (PAWS) (PAWS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04040582|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : July 31, 2019
Last Update Posted : April 27, 2022
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease|
|Depression, Anxiety, PTSD|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||5000 participants|
|Official Title:||Psychedelics and Wellness Study (PAWS): An Online Anonymous Survey Investigating the Interrelationship Between Past Psychedelic Use and Its Impact on Levels of Wellness|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 30, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||June 30, 2022|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 30, 2022|
- Change in Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9) [ Time Frame: Through study completion, an average of 1 year ]The PHQ-9 is a nine-item depression self-report questionnaire for screening and measurement of severity of major depression. Scores range from 0-27 (Lower scores = Less depression).
- Change in Generalized Anxiety Disorder-7 (GAD-7) [ Time Frame: Through study completion, an average of 1 year ]The GAD-7 is a seven-item self-report questionnaire for screening and measurement of severity of generalized anxiety disorder. Scores range from 0-21 (Lower scores = Less anxiety).
- Change in HERO Wellness Scale [ Time Frame: Through study completion, an average of 1 year ]The HERO Wellness Scale is a brief 5-item scale designed to measure four wellness traits plus perceived mental wellness. Scores range from 0-50 (Lower scores = Lower levels of mental wellness).
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years to 100 Years (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||Yes|
|Sampling Method:||Non-Probability Sample|
- Adults ages 18 and older that have taken a psychedelic at least once.
- Individuals less than 18 years old and have previously never taken a psychedelic substance.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04040582
|Contact: Saundra Jain, PsyD, LPCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Rakesh Jain, MD, MPHemail@example.com|
|United States, Texas|
|WILD 5 Wellness||Recruiting|
|Austin, Texas, United States, 78745|
|Contact: Saundra Jain, PsyD, LPC 512-660-4650 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Saundra Jain, PsyD, LPC||WILD 5 Wellness|
|Responsible Party:||Saundra Jain, MA, PsyD, LPC, Psychotherapist, WILD 5 Wellness|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
WILD 5 Wellness
|First Posted:||July 31, 2019 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||April 27, 2022|
|Last Verified:||April 2022|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||No|
|Plan Description:||Data that will be shared with other researchers will not be identified by participant; it will only be shared in aggregate form.|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|