Trilaciclib (G1T28), a CDK 4/6 Inhibitor, in Patients With Previously Treated Extensive Stage SCLC Receiving Topotecan Chemotherapy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02514447|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 3, 2015
Last Update Posted : March 1, 2018
This is a study to investigate the potential clinical benefit of trilaciclib (G1T28) in preserving the bone marrow and the immune system, and enhancing chemotherapy antitumor efficacy when administered prior to topotecan in patients previously treated for extensive-stage SCLC.
The study consists of 2 parts: a limited open-label, dose-finding portion (Part 1), and a randomized double-blind portion (Part 2). Both parts include 3 study phases: Screening Phase, Treatment Phase, and Survival Follow-up Phase. The Treatment Phase begins on the day of first dose with study treatment and completes at the Post-Treatment Visit. The open-label portion enrolled 32 patients and the randomized portion will enroll approximately 90 patients.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Small Cell Lung Cancer||Drug: Trilaciclib Drug: Placebos Drug: Topotecan||Phase 1 Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||120 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Investigator)|
|Official Title:||Phase 1b/2a Safety and Pharmacokinetic Study of G1T28 in Patients With Previously Treated Extensive Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) Receiving Topotecan Chemotherapy|
|Study Start Date :||July 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||May 2019|
Experimental: Trilaciclib (G1T28) + Topotecan
All patients in Part 1 will receive trilaciclib (G1T28) prior to standard chemotherapy, topotecan. Patients will have PK assessment completed on days 1 and 4 in cycle 1 only. All patents will be monitored for safety and tumor response based on RECIST version 1.1. Safety surveillance reporting of AEs and concomitant medications commences at the time that informed consent is obtained and continues through the Post Treatment Visit.
Other Names:Drug: Topotecan
Experimental: Trilaciclib (G1T28)/Placebo + Topotecan
All patients in Part 2 will be randomized 2:1 to receive either trilaciclib (G1T28) or placebo administered prior to standard chemotherapy, topotecan. Patients will have limited PK assessments completed on day 4 in cycle 1 only. All patents will be monitored for safety and tumor response based on RECIST version 1.1. Safety surveillance reporting of AEs and concomitant medications commences at the time that informed consent is obtained and continues through the Post Treatment Visit.
Other Names:Drug: Placebos Drug: Topotecan
- Dose Limiting Toxicity [ Time Frame: Days 1-21 of Cycle 1 ]
- Treatment related adverse events (AE) [ Time Frame: Up to 24 weeks ]
- Pharmacokinetic profile for Trilaciclib (G1T28) and Topotecan [ Time Frame: Days 1 and 4 of Cycle 1 ]Blood samples for the determination of trilaciclib (G1T28) and topotecan
- Progression free survival (PFS) [ Time Frame: 24 Months ]
- Overall survival (OS) [ Time Frame: 24 Month ]
- Hematologic parameters [ Time Frame: Up to 20 weeks ]The following will be assessed: hemoglobin, hematocrit, white blood cells with differential and platelet counts
- Tumor response based on RECIST, Version 1.1 [ Time Frame: Up to 20 weeks ]
- Need for RBC and platelet transfusions [ Time Frame: Up to 20 weeks ]
- Need for treatment with hematopoietic growth factors [ Time Frame: Day 22 ]
- Incidence of chemotherapy dose reductions and dose interruptions overall [ Time Frame: Up to 20 weeks ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02514447
|Contact: G1Therapeutics Clinical Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Show 50 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Clinical Contact||G1 Therapeutics, Inc.|