Effects of a New Knee Brace for Treatment of the Knee Osteoarthritis
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01866176|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 31, 2013
Last Update Posted : March 6, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Knee Osteoarthritis||Device: Stabilizing Knee Brace Device: Valgus Knee Brace Device: New Knee Brace|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Crossover Assignment|
|Official Title:||Effects of a New Knee Brace for Treatment of the Knee Osteoarthritis on the Medial Knee Loading During Gait|
|Study Start Date :||October 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||May 2013|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2013|
Experimental: Knee osteoarthritis patients
Knee osteoarthritis patients with Kellgren & Lawrence grade I, II or III Stabilizing Knee Brace Valgus Knee Brace New Knee Brace
Device: Stabilizing Knee Brace
Brace with no valgus actionDevice: Valgus Knee Brace
Valgus brace with traditional three point bending systemDevice: New Knee Brace
Brace with new mechanism to decrease the knee loading.
- Change in Knee adduction moment [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline at 3 months ]
- Change in Knee pain [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline at 3 months ]A 20-cm visual analog scale (0-100) is used to assess pain.
- Change in Spatiotemporal gait parameters [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline at 3 months ]Test of the gait symmetry with the gait phase duration and step length.
- Change in Gait velocity [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline at 3 months ]
- Change in Knee adduction angle [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline at 3 months ]
- Change in Knee brace comfort [ Time Frame: Change from Baseline at 3 months ]A 20-cm visual analog scale (0-100) is used to assess comfort.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01866176
|Pavillon de l'Éducation Physique et des Sports - Université Laval|
|Québec, Quebec, Canada, G1V 0A6|
|Study Director:||Philippe Corbeil, PhD||Laval University|
|Principal Investigator:||Yoann Dessery, MSc||Laval University|
|Study Director:||Étienne L Belzile, MD||Laval University|