Bulimia Nervosa: A Biobehavioral Study (The Eating Disorder Study) (TEDS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01830374|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 12, 2013
Last Update Posted : July 30, 2018
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||132 participants|
|Official Title:||Weight Suppression, Dieting, and Bulimia Nervosa: A Biobehavioral Study|
|Study Start Date :||August 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 31, 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 31, 2018|
Women with bulimia nervosa
This is not a treatment study. All participants will go through the same steps.
- Purging [ Time Frame: 2 week EMA period ]Number of purging episodes recorded over two weeks.
- Binge Eating [ Time Frame: 2 week EMA period ]Number of binge eating episodes over two week period.
- Hormone levels [ Time Frame: Site Visit 3 (2 weeks) ]Hormone levels will be assessed approximately two weeks post-baseline at one time point.
- Energy intake [ Time Frame: Three weeks ]Energy intake (more specifically, energy density) will be assessed as an average of three dietary food recalls approximately three weeks post-baseline.
- Resting metabolic rate (RMR) [ Time Frame: Two weeks ]RMR will be assessed at Site Visit 3, approximately two weeks post-baseline.
- Total percent body fat [ Time Frame: Two weeks ]Total percent body fat will be assessed at Site Visit 3 (approximately 2 weeks post-baseline) using dual energy x-ray absorptiometry.
- Body weight [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Body weight will be assessed at 6-month follow-up.
- Psychosocial measures [ Time Frame: Site Visit-Baseline ]Psychosocial self-report measures will be given at baseline.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01830374
|United States, New York|
|New York, New York, United States, 10032|
|United States, Pennsylvania|
|Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19104|
|Principal Investigator:||Michael R. Lowe, Ph.D.||Drexel University|
|Principal Investigator:||Laurel Mayer, M.D.||Columbia University|