Long Term Antihypertensive Exposure and Adverse Metabolic Effects: PEAR Follow-Up Study
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01409434|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 4, 2011
Results First Posted : October 16, 2014
Last Update Posted : October 16, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Drug Induced Hyperglycemia Secondary Hyperlipidemia||Drug: Oral Glucose Tolerance Test||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||44 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Long Term Antihypertensive Exposure and Adverse Metabolic Effects: PEAR Follow-Up Study|
|Study Start Date :||June 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2013|
All patients are recruited for inclusion in the Follow-Up Arm, which is the sole arm of the study. The Follow-Up Arm includes a one time study visit in which study interventions are performed. The Follow-Up Arm involves patients from the parent study who were enrolled in the follow-up study. The intervention in the Follow-Up Arm is the Oral Glucose Tolerance Test.
Drug: Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
Administration of 75 gram oral glucose load and three plasma glucose measurements (including baseline).
Other Name: Glucose Drink 100
- Fasting Glucose (mg/dL) [ Time Frame: Fasting glucose was obtained at time 0 min. ]
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (mg/dl h) [ Time Frame: one oral glucose tolerance test was performed with 3 time points (0 hour, 1 hour, 2 hour) ]Area under the curve for the OGTT was calculated for each patient using the 3 time points (0 hour, 1 hour and 2 hour). Average value for participants is provided.
- Triglycerides (mg/dL) [ Time Frame: Triglycerides was obtained at time 0 min. ]
- Low Density Lipoprotein (mg/dL) [ Time Frame: Low Density Lipoprotein was obtained at time 0 min. ]
- High Density Lipoprotein (mg/dL) [ Time Frame: High Density Lipoprotein was obtained at time 0 min. ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01409434
|United States, Florida|
|University of Florida College of Pharmacy|
|Gainesville, Florida, United States, 32610|
|Principal Investigator:||Rhonda M Cooper-DeHoff, PharmD, MS||University of Florida|
|Study Director:||Jason H Karnes, PharmD||University of Florida|