Study Evaluating Interferon And CCI-779 In Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma (ARCC)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00065468|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 25, 2003
Results First Posted : October 25, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 25, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Carcinoma, Renal Cell Kidney Neoplasms||Drug: Interferon Alfa Drug: CCI-779 Drug: Interferon Alfa and CCI-779||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||626 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 3, Three-Arm, Randomized, Open-Label Study Of Interferon Alfa Alone, CCI-779 Alone, And The Combination Of Interferon Alfa And CCI-779 In First-Line Poor-Prognosis Subjects With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma.|
|Study Start Date :||July 2003|
|Primary Completion Date :||June 2006|
|Study Completion Date :||March 2011|
|Active Comparator: A||
Drug: Interferon Alfa
Interferon alfa (Roferon) 3 MU given Sub Cutaneously three time /week for the first week, 9 MU given Sub Cutaneously three time /week for the second week, 18 MU given Sub Cutaneously three time /week thereafter.
25 mg of CCI-779 given Intra Venously once per week
Drug: Interferon Alfa and CCI-779
15 mg of CCI-779 given Intra Venously once per week; 6 MU of IFN alfa (Roferon) given Sub Cutaneously three time /week
- Overall Survival (OS) [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Month 80 ]Overall survival is the duration from randomization to death. For participants who are alive, overall survival is censored at the last contact.
- Progression-Free Survival (PFS) [ Time Frame: Baseline, monthly until tumor progression or death (up to Month 80) ]PFS based on Independent Central Review Assessment. The period from randomization until disease progression, death or date of last contact.
- Percentage of Participants With Objective Response [ Time Frame: Baseline, every 2 months until tumor progression or death (up to Month 80) ]Percentage of participants with objective response based assessment of confirmed complete response (CR) or confirmed partial response (PR) according to Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST). CR was the disappearance of all target lesions and non target lesions. PR was at least a 30 percent (%) decrease in sum of the longest diameter (LD) of target lesions, taking as reference the baseline sum LD.
- Percentage of Participants With Clinical Benefit [ Time Frame: Baseline, every 2 months until tumor progression or death (up to Month 80) ]Clinical benefit: confirmed CR or PR or had stable disease (SD) lasting at least 24 weeks. CR was the disappearance of all target lesions and non target lesions. PR was at least a 30% decrease in sum of the LD of target lesions, taking as reference the baseline sum LD. SD was having neither sufficient shrinkage to qualify for PR nor sufficient increase to qualify for PD.
- Duration of Response (DR) [ Time Frame: Baseline, every month until tumor progression or death (up to Month 80) ]DR: Time from first documentation of objective tumor response to first date that recurrence or progressive disease (PD) was objectively documented, taking as a reference for PD, the smallest sum LD recorded since randomization.
- Time to Treatment Failure (TTF) [ Time Frame: Baseline, every month until tumor progression or death (up to Month 80) ]TTF is defined as the time from the date of randomization to the date of PD or death, withdrawal from treatment due to an adverse event (AE), withdrawal of voluntary consent, or lost to follow-up, whichever occurred first, censored at the date of the conclusion of treatment phase.
- Quality-adjusted Time Without Symptoms or Toxicity (Q-TWiST) [ Time Frame: Baseline to Month 80 ]The Q-Twist is not a score calculated for each participant but is defined only on a by treatment group basis. For each treatment group, it is the weighted sum of the mean durations of the health states Tox, Twist, and Relapse. Tox is defined as time with severe toxicity related to treatment; Twist: time without symptoms or toxic side effects; and Relapse: time after relapse/progression. The mean duration of each health state is calculated based on the area under the Kaplan Meier curve pertaining to that health state. There is no direct method for calculating the "dispersion" of Q-Twist, and it is typically done using bootstrap method for purposes of inference (see, e.g., Glasziou PP, Simes RJ, Gelber RD. Quality adjusted survival analysis. Stat Med 1990; 9: 1259-76). In practice, as apparently in the case with this study, the intermediate values resulting from the bootstrap exercise were not displayed.
- European Quality of Life Health Questionnaire (EQ-5D) - Index Score [ Time Frame: Baseline ]EQ-5D: participant rated questionnaire to assess health-related quality of life in terms of a single index value. EQ-5D index measured 5 dimensions: mobility, self-care, usual activities, pain/discomfort and anxiety/depression. Range of EQ-5D index score = -0.594 to 1 where higher scores indicated a better health state.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00065468
Show 153 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|