Soblidotin in Treating Patients With Progressive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy such as soblidotin use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die.
PURPOSE: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of soblidotin in treating patients who have progressive locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
|Study Design:||Masking: None (Open Label)
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase II Study Of Intravenous TZT-1027, Administered Weekly Times Two, Every Three Weeks, To Patients With Progressive Locally Advanced Or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Following Treatment With Platinum-Based Chemotherapy|
|Study Start Date:||April 2003|
|Study Completion Date:||May 2005|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2005 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the objective tumor response rate and duration of response in patients with progressive locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer treated with soblidotin as second-line therapy after receiving prior platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Determine the time to tumor progression in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the median survival time and 12-month survival rate of patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the quantitative and qualitative toxic effects of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, multicenter study.
Patients receive soblidotin IV over 1 hour on days 1 and 8. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Plasma sampling for pharmacokinetics is done on day 1 of course 1.
Patients are followed for survival every 3 months after discontinuing study treatment.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 27 patients will be accrued for this study within 1 year.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00061854
|United States, Connecticut|
|Medical Oncology and Hematology, P.C.|
|Waterbury, Connecticut, United States, 06708|
|United States, Michigan|
|Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute|
|Detroit, Michigan, United States, 48201-1379|
|United States, New York|
|Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|Study Chair:||Peter Cheverton, MD, ChB, MMED, RadT||Daiichi Pharmaceuticals|