CP-724,714 in Treating Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00055926|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 7, 2003
Last Update Posted : October 30, 2015
RATIONALE: CP-724,714 may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for tumor cell growth.
PURPOSE: Phase I trial to study the effectiveness of CP-724,714 in treating patients who have metastatic HER2-overexpressing breast cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Breast Cancer||Drug: CP-724,714||Phase 1|
- Determine the safety and tolerability of CP-724,714 in patients with metastatic HER2-overexpressing breast cancer.
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of this drug in these patients.
- Determine, preliminarily, any antitumor activity of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the relationship of drug-related adverse events to pharmacokinetic exposure parameters in these patients.
- Determine the relationship of changes in serum HER2 extracellular domain and HER2 receptor tyrosine kinase phosphorylation to pharmacokinetic exposure parameters and clinical outcome in patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, dose-escalation, multicenter study.
Patients receive oral CP-724,714 on days 1 and 3-21 during course 1 and then daily during subsequent courses. Courses repeat every 3 weeks for up to 1 year in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of CP-724,714 until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity.
Patients are followed for at least 30 days.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 3-20 patients will be accrued for this study within 6 months.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||9 participants|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I Safety and Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Study of CP-724, 714 In Patients With Metastatic HER2-Overexpressing Breast Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||January 2003|
|Primary Completion Date :||December 2004|
|Study Completion Date :||May 2005|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00055926
|United States, California|
|Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, UCLA|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90095-1781|
|Principal Investigator:||Carolyn Britten, MD||Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center|