A Study to Evaluate Change in Disease Activity of Subcutaneous (SC) Epcoritamab Combined With Intravenous and Oral Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Vincristine, and Prednisone (R-CHOP) or R-CHOP in Adult Participants With Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) (EPCORE DLBCL-2)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT05578976|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : October 13, 2022
Last Update Posted : May 26, 2023
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
B-cell Lymphoma is an aggressive and rare cancer of a type of immune cells (a white blood cell responsible for fighting infections). The purpose of this study is to assess the change in disease activity of epcoritamab when combined with intravenous and oral rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, vincristine, and prednisone (R-CHOP) or R-CHOP in adult participants globally with diffuse large b-cell lymphoma (DLBCL). Change in disease activity will be assessed.
Epcoritamab is an investigational drug being developed for the treatment of DLBCL. Study doctors put the participants in groups called treatment arms. Participants will receive epcoritamab combined with R-CHOP, followed by epcoritamab or R-CHOP followed by rituximab will be explored. Approximately 900 adult participants with with newly diagnosed DLBCL will be enrolled in the study in approximately 315 sites in globally.
In the Arm 1, participants will receive subcutaneous epcoritamab combined with intravenous and oral R-CHOP followed by subcutaneous epcoritamab in 21-day cycles. In the Arm 2, participants will receive intravenous and oral R-CHOP followed by intravenous rituximab in 21-day cycles.
There may be higher treatment burden for participants in this trial compared to their standard of care. Participants will attend regular visits during the study at an approved institution (hospital or clinic). The effect of the treatment will be frequently checked by medical assessments, blood tests, questionnaires and side effects.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma||Drug: Epcoritamab Drug: Cyclophosphamide Drug: Rituximab Drug: Vincristine Drug: Doxorubicin Drug: Prednisone||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||900 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 3, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Evaluate Safety and Efficacy of Epcoritamab in Combination With R-CHOP Compared to R-CHOP in Subjects With Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 8, 2023|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 31, 2027|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 11, 2030|
Experimental: Epcoritamab and R-CHOP
Participants will receive subcutaneous epcoritamab combined with intravenous and oral rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, vincristine, and prednisone (R-CHOP) followed by epcoritamab in 21-day cycles.
Subcutaneous Injection (SC)
Other Name: ABBV-GMAB-3013
Intravenous (IV) Injection
Experimental: R-CHOP and Rituximab
Participants will receive intravenous and oral R-CHOP followed by intravenous rituximab in 21-day cycles.
Intravenous (IV) Injection
- Number of Participants with Progression-Free Survival (PFS) with an International Prognostic Index (IPI) of 3-5 [ Time Frame: Up to Approximately 46 Months ]PFS is defined as the duration from randomization to the date of disease progression as determined by Lugano 2014 criteria as assessed by Independent Review Committee (IRC), or death due to any cause whichever comes first.
- Number of Participants with PFS [ Time Frame: Up to Approximately 46 Months ]PFS is defined as the duration from randomization to the date of disease progression as determined by Lugano 2014 criteria as assessed by IRC, or death due to any cause, whichever occurs first.
- Number of Participants with Event-free survival (EFS) [ Time Frame: Up to Approximately 46 Months ]EFS is defined as the duration from randomization to the date of disease progression determined by Lugano criteria as assessed by IRC, IRC-assessed PR or SD followed by non protocol-specified NALT, a positive biopsy on or after end-of-treatment (EOT), regardless of whether NAL initiated, or death from any cause.
- Percentage of Participants with Complete Remission (CR) [ Time Frame: On or After to Approximately 28 Weeks ]CR is defined as the absence of lymphoma determined by fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET),determined by Lugano 2014 criteria as assessed by IRC.
- Overall survival (OS) [ Time Frame: Up to Approximately 76 Months ]OS is defined as time from randomization until death due to any causes.
- Percentage of Participants with Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) Negativity [ Time Frame: Up to Approximately 46 Months ]The MRD negativity rate is defined as the percentage of participants who achieve MRD negativity prior to the initiation of any non-protocol-specified new anti-lymphoma therapy.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years to 79 Years (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Planned to receive treatment with 6 cycles of standard rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, vincristine, and prednisone (R-CHOP) per investigator determination.
Must have newly diagnosed, histologically confirmed CD20+ diffuse large b-cell lymphoma [DLBCL] (de novo or histologically transformed from a diagnosis of follicular lymphoma) at most recent representative tumor biopsy based on the pathology report, with a World Health Organization (WHO) 2016 classification and including:
- DLBCL, Not Otherwise Specified (NOS).
- High grade B-cell lymphoma with MYC and BCL-2 and/or BCL-6 rearrangement with DLBCL morphology.
- T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma.
- Epstein Barr virus-positive DLBCL, NOS.
- Follicular lymphoma Grade 3b.
Note: The local pathology report must be available at Screening to support CD20+ DLBCL histology.
Composite/intermediate histology with any of the following components is not allowed: high grade B-cell lymphoma, NOS; Hodgkin's lymphoma; primary mediastinal (thymic) large B-cell lymphoma; Burkitt; plasmablastic lymphoma or any CD20- lymphoma, such as anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive large B-cell lymphoma, human herpesvirus type 8-positive DLBCL, or primary effusion lymphoma.
- Availability of archival or freshly collected tumor tissue at Screening. Archival paraffin-embedded tissue must be obtained within 8 weeks prior to Cycle 1 Day 1.
- Must have an IPI score of 2-5. The number of participants with IPI 2 will not exceed approximately 30% of the overall sample size.
- Must have an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status score of 0-2 prior to initiating R-CHOP treatment. Note that participant with an initial ECOG performance status >= 3 may be screened if pre-phase treatment is planned. Participant may be eligible if ECOG performance status were to improve to 0-2 during pre-phase treatment.
Has at least one target lesion defined as:
- >= 1 measurable nodal lesion (long axis > 1.5 cm ) or >= 1 measurable extra-nodal lesion (long axis > 1 cm) on computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). AND
- Positron emission tomography (PET)-positive on PET-CT scan.
- Laboratory values meeting the criteria laid out in the protocol.
- Left ventricular ejection fraction must be >= 50% by multi-gated acquisition or transthoracic echocardiography at Screening.
- History of prior systemic anti-lymphoma therapy for diagnosed diffuse large b-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) including any definitive radiotherapy with curative intent] other than corticosteroids with or without vincristine during prephase treatment, or non-curative intent palliative radiotherapy with the stipulation that radiated lesions cannot be selected as target lesion for response assessment.
- Clinically significant cardiovascular disease as per the protocol.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT05578976
|Contact: ABBVIE CALL CENTERfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Director:||ABBVIE INC.||AbbVie|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
2021-000168-31 ( EudraCT Number )
|First Posted:||October 13, 2022 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||May 26, 2023|
|Last Verified:||May 2023|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||Yes|
|Plan Description:||AbbVie is committed to responsible data sharing regarding the clinical trials we sponsor. This includes access to anonymized, individual and trial-level data (analysis data sets), as well as other information (e.g., protocols, analyses plans, clinical study reports), as long as the trials are not part of an ongoing or planned regulatory submission. This includes requests for clinical trial data for unlicensed products and indications.|
Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP)
Clinical Study Report (CSR)
|Time Frame:||For details on when studies are available for sharing visit https://vivli.org/ourmember/abbvie/|
|Access Criteria:||Access to this clinical trial data can be requested by any qualified researchers who engage in rigorous independent scientific research, and will be provided following review and approval of a research proposal and statistical analysis plan and execution of a data sharing statement. Data requests can be submitted at any time after approval in the US and/or EU and a primary manuscript is accepted for publication. For more information on the process, or to submit a request, visit the following link https://www.abbvieclinicaltrials.com/hcp/data-sharing/|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||Yes|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
|Product Manufactured in and Exported from the U.S.:||Yes|
Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
Lymphoma, Large B-Cell, Diffuse
Neoplasms by Histologic Type
Immune System Diseases
Physiological Effects of Drugs
Antineoplastic Agents, Alkylating
Molecular Mechanisms of Pharmacological Action
Antineoplastic Agents, Immunological
Topoisomerase II Inhibitors