Measles Vaccine: Is There a Protective Role in COVID 19 Pandemic?
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04445610|
Recruitment Status : Not yet recruiting
First Posted : June 24, 2020
Last Update Posted : June 26, 2020
|Condition or disease|
- To identify Measles IgG titre in SARS-COV2 infected patients .
- correlate level of Measles IgG titre with the clinical severity of COVID-19 disease.
Secondary Objective To find an association of the postulated protective role of measles vaccine and SARS-COV2 infection
Inclusion criteria:included patients would be divided into 3 groups according to clinical severity of COVID-19 disease (mild ,moderate & severe)
- All patients with confirmed COVID 19 confirmed by positive PCR . .
- Any age or gender.
- Any patient refusing to be involved in the study.
- Informed consent will be taken from each subject
- Full clinical examination.
- Evaluation of Measles Antibody Titer:
The measles virus IgG antibody titer will be determined quantitatively by ELISA for quantitative determination of IgG class antibodies against Measles virus in human serum or plasma (citrate, heparin).
- Anonymous data will be retrieved from the admitted patients' files, such as:
- CBC, CRP, AST, ALT, ESR, Serum ferritin & SARS CoV 2 RNA PCR swab results.
- Chest X ray and/or CT chest.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Official Title:||Measles Vaccine: Is There a Protective Role in COVID 19 Pandemic?|
|Estimated Study Start Date :||July 1, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 1, 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||November 1, 2020|
- Viral clearance [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Achievement of two consecutive negative PCR results for COVID 19 and discharge from hospital
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04445610
|Contact: Amira Al Balakosy, MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Faculty of Medicine Ain Shams University Research Institute- Clinical Research Center|
|Cairo, Non-US, Egypt, 11566|
|Principal Investigator:||Amira Al Balakosy, M.D||Ain Shams University|