SX-682 Treatment in Subjects With Myelodysplastic Syndrome Who Had Disease Progression or Are Intolerant to Prior Therapy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04245397|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : January 28, 2020
Last Update Posted : September 23, 2021
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Myelodysplastic Syndromes||Drug: SX-682||Phase 1|
Participants will receive twice daily oral SX-682 for six 28 day cycles. If patients are responding well to the treatment they can continue SX-682 treatment. The first participants will be administered 25 mg orally twice daily. Unless dose limiting toxicities occur, participants will enroll and receive the following increasing twice daily doses of SX-682: 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, and 400 mg.
After establishing the maximum tolerated dose 40 additional participants will be enrolled at the maximum tolerated dose (or at the highest dose studied if a maximum tolerated dose is not identified). Participants will receive continuous SX-682 twice daily oral therapy in 28-day cycles for a total of 6 cycles. For patients responding well at the end of 6 cycles treatment may continue until disease progression or an adverse event leads to SX-682 discontinuation. Except for blood product transfusions, concurrent therapy for Myelodysplastic Syndromes is not permitted.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||64 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Sequential Assignment|
|Intervention Model Description:||In this sequential model initially participant groups will enroll to receive SX-682 for six 28 day cycles in a dose escalation phase. A 3 + 3 participant design will be used to determine the safe dose. After 6 cycles at the specified dose of SX-682, SX-682 treatment can be continued. Once the safe dose level of SX-682 is determined, then participants will be enrolled at the this safe dose level of SX-682 in an expansion phase.|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation With Expansion Study of SX-682 in Subjects With Myelodysplastic Syndrome Who Had Disease Progression or Are Intolerant to Prior Therapy|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 12, 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||May 2022|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 2023|
Experimental: Oral Dose of S-682
Escalating oral doses of SX-682 (study drug) of 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 mg twice-daily (i.e., 50, 100, 200, 400 and 800 mg total each day.
Drug: SX-682 SX-682 is an oral small molecule selective inhibitor of C-X-C Motif Chemokine Receptor 1 (CXCR1) and CX-C Motif Chemokine Receptor 2 (CXCR2)
- SX-682 Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days in the 28 day Cycle 1. ]Participants cohorts will be enrolled at increasing doses of SX-682. The highest SX-682 dose tested at which no more than 1 of 6 participants experiences a dose limiting toxicity will define the SX-682 MTD
- SX-682 Dose Limiting Toxicities (DLT) [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days in the 28 day Cycle 1. ]Number of participants experiencing DLTs.
- Participants Experiencing a Treatment Response [ Time Frame: At the end of Cycle 6 (each cycle is 28 days). ]The percentage of participants experiencing a complete remission, partial remission, or stable disease according to the International Working Group Response Criteria.
- SX-682 Delayed Dose Limiting Toxicities [ Time Frame: From the beginning of Cycle 2 to the end of Cycle 6 (each cycle is 28 days). ]Number of delayed DLTs experienced by participants.
- Adverse Events [ Time Frame: At the end of Cycle 6 (each cycle is 28 days). ]Number of participants experiencing adverse events (AEs).
- SX-682 Single Dose Maximum Plasma Concentration (Cmax) [ Time Frame: Day 1 of Cycle 1 (each cycle is 28 days). ]Blood samples will be collected before and after the first dose of SX-682 on Day 1 of Cycle 1.
- SX-682 Steady-State Maximum Plasma Concentration (Css max) [ Time Frame: Day 15 of Cycle 1 (each cycle is 28 days). ]Blood samples will be collected before and after the first dose of SX-682 on Day 15 of Cycle 1.
- SX-682 Steady-State Minimum Plasma Concentration (Css min) [ Time Frame: Day 15 of Cycle 1 (each cycle is 28 days). ]Blood samples will be collected before and after the first dose of SX-682 on Day 15 of Cycle 1.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT04245397
|Contact: Stuart J Kahn, MDemail@example.com|
|United States, Florida|
|Moffitt Cancer Center||Recruiting|
|Tampa, Florida, United States, 33612|
|Contact: Kimberly Clark 813-745-7362 Kimberly.Clark@moffitt.org|
|Principal Investigator: David A Sallman, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||David A Sallman, MD||Moffitt Cancer Center|