Effect of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields, 150kHz) Concomitant With Sorafenib For Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) (HEPANOVA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03606590|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : July 31, 2018
Last Update Posted : August 7, 2019
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Hepatocellular Carcinoma||Device: NovoTTF-100L(P) device Drug: Sorafenib||Phase 2|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||25 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||HEPANOVA: A Phase II Trial of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields, 150kHz) Concomitant With Sorafenib For Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||February 15, 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2020|
Experimental: TTFields in combination with sorafenib
Patients will be treated continuously with TTFields, in addition to sorafenib
Device: NovoTTF-100L(P) device
Patients will be treated continuously with the NovoTTF-100L(P) device. NovoTTF-100L(P) treatment will consist of wearing four electrically insulated electrode arrays on the abdomen. The treatment enables the patient to maintain regular daily routine.
Other Name: TTFields
Sorafenib 400 mg (2 x 200 mg tablets) taken twice daily without food (at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal).
Other Name: Nexavar
- Overall response rate [ Time Frame: 30 months ]The percentage of patients who had either complete response or partial response per RECIST criteria following enrollment in the trial.
- In-field control rate at one year [ Time Frame: 12 months ]The percentage of patients who did not have progression confined to the right hypochondriac and epigastric anatomical regions (defined by the diaphragm as a superior border, the left midclavicular line as a lateral border and the subcostal plane as an inferior border) per RECIST criteria at one year following the time of enrollment in the trial, or death.
- Overall survival [ Time Frame: 30 months ]The time from enrollment in the trial until date of death.
- Progression Free Survival [ Time Frame: 30 months ]The time from enrollment in the trial until progression per RECIST Criteria or death.
- Distant metastases-free survival rate at 1 year [ Time Frame: 12 months ]The percentage of patients who did not have new metastases outside of the liver (compared to the baseline CT/MRI) at one year following the time of enrollment in the trial, or death.
- Overall survival at one year [ Time Frame: 12 months ]The percentage of patients who are alive at one year following the time of enrollment in the trial.
- Progression free survival at 6 and 12 months [ Time Frame: 12 months ]the percentage of patients who are not progressive per RECIST Criteria, or dead at 6 and 12 months following the time of enrollment in the trial.
- Severity and frequency of adverse events [ Time Frame: 30 months ]Incidence of adverse event out of the number of patients who receive at least 1 day of TTFields treatment.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03606590
|Contact: Antonia Mahnig||+41 41 455 36 email@example.com|
|CHU de Nantes||Recruiting|
|Nantes Cedex 01, France, 44093|
|Contact: Yann Touchefeu, Dr. Yann.TOUCHEFEU@chu-nantes.fr|
|Principal Investigator: Yann Touchefeu, Dr.|
|University Medical Center - University of Freiburg||Recruiting|
|Freiburg, Germany, 79106|
|Contact: Anca-Ligia Grosu, Prof. Dr. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Anca-Ligia Grosu, Prof. Dr.|
|Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma||Recruiting|
|Rome, Italy, 00128|
|Contact: Bruno Vincenzi, Dr. email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Bruno Vincenzi, Dr.|
|Vall d'Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO)||Recruiting|
|Contact: Teresa Macarulla, Dr. +34-932748855 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Raquel García Pelaez +34-934893000 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Teresa Macarulla Mercade, Dr.|
|HM Hospitales - Centro Integral Oncológico Clara Campal||Recruiting|
|Madrid, Spain, 28050|
|Contact: Antonio Cubillo, Dr. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, Dr.|