Cross-Sectional Survey on the Use of Tobacco Products - Germany
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03527017|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified April 2019 by Philip Morris Products S.A..
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : May 16, 2018
Last Update Posted : April 18, 2019
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Tobacco Use||Other: Survey on Use of Tobacco Products in the General Population Other: Survey on Use of Tobacco Products in IQOS Users|
The aim of the survey is to describe the current and past patterns of use of tobacco products in the general adult population of Germany and in adult IQOS users registered in the IQOS user database of Philip Morris GmbH (Germany IQOS User Database), and explore their association with key independent variables. More specifically, the objectives are:
- Estimate the prevalence of current tobacco use status in the study population.
- Describe the past tobacco use status (cigarette, IQOS and other innovative products, including e-cigarettes) in the study population (i.e. never-use, initiation, product use transition, cessation, re-initiation, and relapse).
- Explore the association between self-reported health status and use of tobacco products in the study population.
- Explore the association between patterns of use (including misuse) with motivation to use, perceived quality attributes of IQOS (e.g. risk and self-reported changes since switching to the product, in a number of relevant domains where IQOS may have potential benefits), and consumer's satisfaction in the population of IQOS users in Germany registered in the Germany IQOS User Database.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||7489 participants|
|Official Title:||Cross-Sectional Survey on the Use of Tobacco Products in the General Population and in Users of IQOS in Germany (2018-2020)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||March 12, 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2021|
Adults living in Germany.
Other: Survey on Use of Tobacco Products in the General Population
Face-to-face survey to estimate the prevalence of current tobacco use status in the general population of Germany.
Adult current IQOS users (at the time of survey) living in Germany who are registered in the Germany IQOS User Database and agreed to be contacted for research purposes at the time of registration.
Other: Survey on Use of Tobacco Products in IQOS Users
Online survey to describe patterns of use in adult IQOS users residing in Germany.
- Prevalence of current tobacco use [ Time Frame: Study duration (3 years). ]Prevalence of current tobacco use status in the study population.
- Past tobacco use status [ Time Frame: Study duration (3 years). ]Past tobacco use status (cigarette, IQOS and other innovative products) in the study population.
- Self-reported health status [ Time Frame: Study duration (3 years). ]Association between self-reported health status and use of tobacco products in the study population.
- Perceived risk [ Time Frame: Study duration (3 years). ]Association between patterns of use with perceived risk.
- IQOS use experience [ Time Frame: Study duration (3 years). ]Describe the IQOS user experience, including motivation to use, mis-use, satisfaction, and self-reported changes since switching to the product (in a number of domains where IQOS may have potential benefits).
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||Yes|
|Sampling Method:||Probability Sample|
Inclusion Criteria (all participants, including IQOS users):
- Legally permitted to buy tobacco products in Germany (≥18 years of age).
- Currently residing in Germany.
- Able to read, write and understand German.
- Consent to participate in the survey
Inclusion Criteria (IQOS users only):
- Has used more than 100 HEETS tobacco sticks in his or her lifetime.
- Is currently using IQOS.
- Has access to the internet.
- Is not currently employed by Philip Morris International or any of its affiliates
- Not meeting the inclusion criteria
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT03527017
|Contact: Luis Prieto, PhD||+41 58 242 11 email@example.com|
|Philip Morris Products S.A.||Recruiting|
|Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 2000|
|Contact: Luis Prieto, PhD +41 (58) 242 2698 Luis.Prieto@pmi.com|
|Study Chair:||Luis Prieto, PhD||Philip Morris Products S.A.|
|Responsible Party:||Philip Morris Products S.A.|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||May 16, 2018 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||April 18, 2019|
|Last Verified:||April 2019|
|Individual Participant Data (IPD) Sharing Statement:|
|Plan to Share IPD:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|