Dynamic Mediterranean Prospective Cohort: the SUN Project
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02669602|
Recruitment Status : Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : February 1, 2016
Last Update Posted : February 2, 2016
|Condition or disease|
|Lifestyle Chronic Disease Dietary Habits|
The SUN Project (University of Navarra Follow-Up Study) began in 1999, and currently more than 20,500 people participate. The Project is permanently open to new volunteers, and around 2,000 new participants are invited each year.
A new questionnaire is sent to participants every two years. The questionnaires are named with the letter "Q," followed by the number of years that have passed since the participant first volunteered. The first questionnaire is titled "Q0" and is followed by "Q2","Q4", etc.
The cohort is "dynamic" thanks to the fact that it is permanently open to new volunteers. Although the Project was created by the Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health of the University of Navarra, it now counts on the invaluable collaboration of other Spanish university centers.
Thanks to the invaluable collaboration of our participants, the investigators are able to research cardiovascular diseases, depression, fertility, arterial hypertension, and car accident injuries, among other areas.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||22500 participants|
|Official Title:||Dynamic Mediterranean Prospective Cohort: the SUN Project|
|Study Start Date :||December 1999|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2050|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2075|
- Mortality [ Time Frame: 50 years ]
- Cardiovascular disease [ Time Frame: 50 years ]cardiovascular death, acute coronary syndromes (myocardial infarction with or without ST elevation), revascularization procedures or fatal or non-fatal stroke.
- Obesity [ Time Frame: 50 years ]BMI>30 kg/m2
- Depression [ Time Frame: 50 years ]Diagnosed depression through the Structured Clinical Interview (SCID-I) for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV)
- Cognitive function [ Time Frame: 50 years ]Telephone Interview of Cognitive Status-modified (TICS-m)
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02669602
|University of Navarra|
|Pamplona, Navarra, Spain, 31008|
|Principal Investigator:||Miguel A Martinez-Gonzalez, PhD||University of Navarra|