Safety and Tolerability Study of Pirfenidone in Combination With Nintedanib in Participants With Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02598193|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : November 5, 2015
Last Update Posted : August 31, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis||Drug: Nintedanib Drug: Pirfenidone||Phase 4|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||89 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||An Exploratory Multicenter, Open-Label, Single Arm Study of the Safety and Tolerability of Pirfenidone (Esbriet®) in Combination With Nintedanib (Ofev®) in Patients With Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 14, 2016|
|Primary Completion Date :||May 16, 2017|
|Study Completion Date :||May 16, 2017|
U.S. FDA Resources
Participants with IPF will receive pirfenidone at 1602-2403 milligrams per day (mg/day) dose and nintedanib at the 200-300 mg/day dose up to 24 weeks.
Participants with IPF will receive nintedanib at the 200-300 mg/day dose up to 24 weeks.
Other Name: OfevDrug: Pirfenidone
Participants with IPF will receive pirfenidone at 1602-2403 mg/day dose up to 24 weeks.
Other Name: Esbriet
- Percentage of Participants Who Complete 24 Weeks of Combination Treatment on Pirfenidone at a Dose of 1602-2403 mg/day and Nintedanib at a Dose of 200-300 mg/day [ Time Frame: 24 weeks ]
- Percentage of Participants with Adverse Events and Serious Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 28 ]
- Percentage of Participants Who Discontinue Pirfenidone, Nintedanib, or Both Study Treatments Because of Adverse Events Before the Week 24 Visit [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 24 ]
- Total Number of Participants Days of Combination Treatment With Pirfenidone at a Dose of 1602-2403 mg/d and Nintedanib at a Dose of 200-300 mg/d [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 24 ]
- Total Number of Days From the Initiation of Combination Treatment to Discontinuation of Pirfenidone, Nintedanib, or Both Study Treatments [ Time Frame: Baseline up to Week 24 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02598193
Show 38 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Clinical Trials||Hoffmann-La Roche|