Effect of Educational Video in the Student's Knowledge
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02072577|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified May 2012 by Emilia Campos de Carvalho, University of Sao Paulo.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : February 26, 2014
Last Update Posted : February 27, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Students of Undergraduate School of Nursing||Behavioral: Video||Not Applicable|
-Quasi-experimental research study, before and after an intervention, which was used in the educational video as a strategy for teaching about oral hygiene .
1 ) tool to identify socio- demographic variables ( age, gender ),
2) scale (zero to ten) to assess the relevance of the student attaches the oral hygiene of people undergoing chemotherapy ;
3 ) instrument composed of true or false statements related to knowledge about oral hygiene for people undergoing chemotherapy,
4) instrument contemplating steps that should be used for oral hygiene of the patient and the structures escovadas6 ; contains a list of steps to observation record the implementation of the technique of brushing teeth , use mouthwash and floss;
5 ) rating scale the degree of acceptance of the use of video as educativa.7 the student carried out the technical strategy in itself ( before and after video ) , demonstrating how a patient undergoing chemotherapy should perform this technique .
The estimate for the subject's participation in research time was approximately 30 minutes.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||23 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Effect of Educational Video in the Student's Knowledge About Oral Hygiene of Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2014|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 2014|
The student watched the video prepared individually in the ward where they were interned.
After this step, the student demonstrated again the procedure for oral hygiene.
At this point the researcher also observed the sequence, movements and technical procedures used to analyze the steps of oral hygiene, using the same instrument for such employee initially.
- Knowledge [ Time Frame: In 30 minutes of the study (video and technique after and before that) ]
- Effectiveness of an educational video on the cognitive and procedural knowledge of undergraduate students on the technique of oral hygiene in patients on chemotherapy;
- Importance that the student attaches to this procedure for the oral health of people undergoing chemotherapy;
- Acceptance of the use of a teaching strategy.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02072577
|Escola de Enfermagem de Ribeirão Preto da Universidade de São Paulo|
|Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Principal Investigator:||Emilia Carvalho, Full professor||University of Sao Paulo|