Breast Cancer Toxicity (CANTO)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01993498|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : November 25, 2013
Last Update Posted : March 4, 2019
The aims of the cohort will be to quantify impact of cancer treatments toxicities , and to generate predictors of chronic toxicity in patients with non-metastatic breast cancer.
The project will include four specific aims :
- To develop a database of chronic treatment related toxicity in a cohort of 20 000 women with stage I-III breast cancer (= non metastatic), whatever these treatments are (surgery; radiation therapy; chemotherapy …)
- To describe incidence, clinical presentation, and outcome of chronic toxicities over a maximum of 8 years.
- To describe the psychological, the social and the economic impacts of chronic toxicities.
- To generate predictors for chronic toxicities in order to prevent them, based upon biological criteria.
The expected impact of these toxicities, when identified, will be to improve quality of life and to decrease health cost, by the early identification of patients at high risk of toxicity. Such early identification could lead to prevent toxic effect by: a. developing prevention strategies, b. substituting toxic treatment by a non (less) toxic one.
Also, such cohort will offer a quantification of the impact of treatment toxicity, that could be further used to quantify medical usefulness of strategies that aim at decreasing treatment toxicities (implementation of predictive biomarker for resistance, cytotoxic-free regimen etc…)
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Breast Cancer Nos Metastatic Recurrent||Procedure: blood sampling||Not Applicable|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20000 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Cohort to Quantify and to Predict Treatment Related Chronic Toxicities in Patients With Non-metastatic Breast Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||February 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2022|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 2026|
breast cancer treatment + blood sampling
Standard treatment of breast cancer with intervention : samples collection
Procedure: blood sampling
blood samples collection
- Evaluation of chronic toxicity in patients treated for non-metastatic breast cancer [ Time Frame: 8 years ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01993498
|Villejuif, France, 94805|
|Principal Investigator:||Fabrice André||Gustave Roussy - Villejuif|