Assessment of Cognitive Functioning as it Relates to Risk for Suicide in Veterans With HIV/AIDS
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01749007|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 13, 2012
Last Update Posted : May 15, 2017
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Official Title:||Assessment of Cognitive Functioning as it Relates to Risk for Suicide in Veterans With HIV/AIDS|
|Study Start Date :||November 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2017|
|Veterans with HIV/AIDS|
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The WAIS-IV is a widely used and well established instrument used to assesses an individual's intellectual functioning within various cognitive domains and organizes performance into several indices including Verbal Comprehension Index, Perceptual Reasoning Index, Working Memory Index, and Processing Speed Index. A composite, Full Scale IQ, is also generated to represent an estimation of overall intellectual functioning.
- Trail Making Test (TMT): Parts A & B [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The TMT is a timed, pencil-paper, measure of attention, speed, and cognitive flexibility and requires participants to draw a line to accurately sequence 25 circles containing numbers (Part A) and alternating letters and numbers (Part B).
- California Verbal Learning Test, Second Edition (CVLT-II) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Adminstration ]The CVLT-II examines several aspects of verbal learning, organization, and memory.
- Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]Measure of executive functioning.
- Brief VisuoSpatial Memory Test-Revised (BVMT-R) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The BVMT-R measures immediate and delayed visual memory.
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test (WCST) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]Measure of executive functioning.
- Outcome Questionnaire (OQ-45) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The OQ-45 is a 45-item questionnaire that was designed to measure key areas of mental health functioning (symptom distress, interpersonal functioning, and social role).
- Beck Scale for Suicide Ideation (BSS) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The BSS is a 19-item scale that assesses severity of suicide ideation.
- Health Status Questionnaire (HSQ) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The HSQ is a 39-item, multiple choice, self-report measure that collects patient-reported, subjective data on eight subscales: Health Perception, Physical Functioning, Role Limitations/Physical Health, Role Limitations/Emotional Problems, Social Functioning, Mental Health, Bodily Pain and Energy/Fatigue.
- University of Washington Risk Assessment Protocol-Revised (UWRAP) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The UWRAP will be used to address potential risk associated with participating in the study.
- Test of Memory Malingering (TOMM) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The TOMM is a measure of effortful performance on objective tasks.
- The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-Research Version (SCID-I) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The SCID is a reliable and valid semi-structured interview used to make psychiatric diagnosis in both clinical and research settings.
- Lifetime Suicide Attempt Self Injury Interview (L-SASI) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The L-SASI was developed as a very brief survey of lifetime intentional self-harm behaviors and categorizes them into suicide attempts and non-suicidal acts.
- Participant Demographics Form [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]A questionnaire was created by members of the research team to collect data regarding demographics.
- Ohio State University TBI-ID (OSU TBI-ID) Short Form [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The OSU TBI-ID Short Form will be used to determine history of TBI and presence of persistent TBI-related complaints.
- Beck Hopelessness Scale (BHS) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The BHS is a 20-item true-false self-report scale that measures the level of negative expectations about the future held by respondents.
- The Beck Depression Inventory (BDI-II) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The BDI-II is a widely used 21 item, self-administered instrument used to detect depression.
- The Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI) [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The BAI is a widely-used, 21-item, self-administered instrument used to measure the severity of an individual's anxiety.
- Military Suicide Research Consortium (MSRC) Common Data Elements [ Time Frame: 1 Time Administration ]The Common Data Elements are a compilation of validated and reliable measures used to gather data on the risk factors for suicidal behavioral.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01749007
|United States, Colorado|
|Eastern Colorado Health Care System|
|Denver, Colorado, United States, 80220|
|Principal Investigator:||Gina Signoracci, Ph.D.||VISN 19 Denver VA MIRECC|