Enhancing Ugandan HIV-Affected Child Development With Caregiver Training (MISC)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01640561|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified July 2012 by Judith Bass, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : July 13, 2012
Last Update Posted : July 13, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|HIV||Behavioral: MISC Behavioral: UCOBAC|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Enhancing Ugandan HIV-Affected Child Development With Caregiver Training|
|Study Start Date :||January 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2015|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2015|
The Mediational Interventions for Sensitizing Caregivers (MISC) model developed by Professor Pnina Klein (consultant) has been used to enhance the development of children throughout the developing world, with the support of such international aid agencies as WHO, UNICEF, NORAD, and Redd Barna (Norway).
The Mediational Interventions for Sensitizing Caregivers
|Active Comparator: Enhanced Treatment as Usual||
This nutrition/healthcare curriculum for children in poverty and affected by HIV was developed by an NGO operating in Uganda called UCOBAC (Uganda Community Based Association for Child Welfare) with support from UNICEF.
- Change in Child Neurodevelopment post treatment [ Time Frame: 12 month follow up ]Mullen Scales of Early Learning
- Change in caregiver mental health and well being [ Time Frame: 6-, 12-, 18-, and 24-month follow ups ]Caregiver mental health will be assessed using the Hopkins Symptom Checklist (HSCL)
- Midterm change in child neurodevelopment [ Time Frame: 6-month follow up ]Mullen Scales of Early Learning, Early Childhood Vigilance Test (ECVT). Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function-Preschool (BRIEF-P).
- Change in long term child neurodevelopment outcomes [ Time Frame: 18-month and 24-month follow ups ]Mullen Scales of Early Learning, Early Childhood Vigilance Test (ECVT). Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function-Preschool (BRIEF-P).
- Change in child physical health and well-being [ Time Frame: 6-, 12-, 18-, and 24-month follow ups ]Measures of child growth (height and weight) and assessments of medical visits
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01640561
|Contact: Michael Boivin||Michael.Boivin@hc.msu.edu|
|Global Health Uganda||Recruiting|
|Contact: Roland Namwanja 0782 746 500 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sub-Investigator: Noeline Nakasujja|
|Principal Investigator:||Michael Boivin, PhD||Michigan State University|
|Principal Investigator:||Judy Bass, PhD||Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health|