Epidemiological Study to Describe Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Clinical Management Patterns in MENA. Lung-EPICLIN/ Gulf (Lung-EPICLIN/G)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01562665|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 26, 2012
Last Update Posted : May 24, 2016
The overall aim of the study is:
To provide accurate and reliable information regarding NSCLC clinical management across MENA region in order to detect unmet medical needs of this disease in terms of:
- Patient and hospital characteristics.
- Diagnostic and treatment approaches: initial and subsequent.
- Follow-up patterns in clinical management.
- Outcomes: symptoms, death, functionality, quality of life.
- Use of resources and burden on patients and health care systems.
|Condition or disease|
|Non Small Cells Lung Cancer|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||25 participants|
|Official Title:||Epidemiological Study to Describe NSCLC Clinical Management Patterns in MENA|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Sample of patients will be invited to complete Quality of Life|
- Use of health resources by collecting data about hospital description and characteristics, Disease Diagnosis Procedures and Therapy information [ Time Frame: April 2014(26 Months) ]
- Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) through self-administered questionnaires and the patients will be asked to complete them at each evaluation visit(25% of the whole sample) [ Time Frame: April 2014(26 Months) ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01562665
|United Arab Emirates|
|Alain - AbuAhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Principal Investigator:||Kakil Rasul, CONSULTANT||Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar|
|Principal Investigator:||Ahmed El Khodary, CONSULTANT||Kuwait Cancer Centre, Al Sabah Hospital, Kuwait|
|Principal Investigator:||Norbert Drier, CONSULTANT||Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Principal Investigator:||Farid Khalifa, CONSULTANT||Salmaniya Medical Complex, Bahrain|
|Principal Investigator:||Mohamed Jaloudy, CONSULTANT||Tawam Hospital ,Alain,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|