Studying Gene Expression in Samples From Patients With Rhabdoid Tumors
RATIONALE: Studying samples of tumor tissue from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in DNA and find biomarkers related to cancer. It may also help doctors find better ways to treat cancer.
PURPOSE: This research trial studies gene expression in samples from patients with rhabdoid tumors.
Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors
Genetic: DNA analysis
Genetic: gene expression analysis
Genetic: mutation analysis
Genetic: protein expression analysis
Other: immunohistochemistry staining method
Other: laboratory biomarker analysis
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Retrospective
|Official Title:||Determination of the Frequency of BRG1 and BRM Loss in Rhabdoid Tumors|
- Absence or presence BRG1 and BRM expression in rhabdoid tumors [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Mechanism of suppression of BRG1 and BRM genes [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||March 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||January 2100 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- To determine if BRM is silenced in the majority, if not all, rhabdoid tumors by immunohistochemistry in primary tumors.
- To determine if BRG1 is silenced in the majority, if not all, rhabdoid tumors by immunohistochemistry in primary tumors.
- To determine if GATA1 and/or HDAC2 is overexpressed in the same tumors that lack BRM expression.
- To determine if BRM promoter polymorphisms correlate with loss of BRM expression in primary rhabdoid tumors.
- To determine how BRG1 is silenced in primary rhabdoid tumors by sequencing BRG1 exons in genomic DNA derived from frozen samples.
OUTLINE: Archived tumor tissue samples are analyzed for BRM, BRG1, GATA1, and/or HDAC2 expression by immunohistochemistry. BRM- and BRG1-negative samples are also analyzed.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01553175
|Principal Investigator:||David Reisman, MD, PhD||University of Florida|