In-Hospital Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment in Aged Acute Medical Patients
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01506180|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 9, 2012
Last Update Posted : January 9, 2012
|Condition or disease|
1) a cross-sectional study followed by 2) a subgroup study by retrospective follow-up
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||3877 participants|
|Study Start Date :||January 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 2011|
Patients admitted to Geriatric Department
The patients receive comprehensive geriatric assessment
Patients admitted to general medical departments
This group do not receive comprehensive geriatric assessment
- Comorbidity [ Time Frame: At hospital admission (day 1) ]By Charlsons Comorbidity Index
- Length of hospital stay [ Time Frame: Number of days of hospitalization an expected average of 8 days ]Participants will be followed for the duration of hospital stay, an expected average of 8 days.
- Acute readmission [ Time Frame: 30 days and 90 days ]The number of acute readmissions in the participants within 30 days and 90 days after the discharge, respectively.
- Mortality [ Time Frame: Within 30 days after hospital admission ]The number of short-term mortality in the participants within 30 days after hospital admission.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01506180
|Aarhus University Hospital|
|Aarhus, Central Denmark Region, Denmark, 8000|