Ofatumumab and Bortezomib in Subjects With Relapsed CD20+Diffuse Large B Cell, Follicular, or Mantle Cell Lymphoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01397591|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (Study closed by PI due to lower than expected accrual.)
First Posted : July 19, 2011
Results First Posted : July 30, 2014
Last Update Posted : July 30, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Recurrent Adult Diffuse Large Cell Lymphoma Recurrent Grade 1 Follicular Lymphoma Recurrent Grade 2 Follicular Lymphoma Recurrent Grade 3 Follicular Lymphoma Recurrent Mantle Cell Lymphoma||Biological: Ofatumumab Drug: Bortezomib||Phase 2|
I. To determine the efficacy, as measured by overall response (complete response (CR) + partial response (PR)) of ofatumumab in combination with bortezomib in subjects with relapsed cluster of differentiation (CD)20+ DLBCL, FL or MCL.
I. To explore duration of efficacy of ofatumumab in combination with bortezomib in the same population as measured by progression free survival (PFS), overall survival (OS) and disease free survival (DFS).
II. To assess response as compared to prior treatment. III. To assess the safety and tolerability of ofatumumab in combination with bortezomib in the same patient population.
I. Correlation of trough ofatumumab blood levels to response. II. Correlation fragment crystallizable receptor (FcR) gamma 3 allotype and response.
Patients receive ofatumumab intravenously (IV) over 2.5 hours on days 1 and 8 of course 1, and day 1 of all subsequent courses. Patients also receive bortezomib IV over 3-5 seconds on days 1, 8, and 15. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 6 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment patients are followed up every 3 months for 2 years.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||3 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase II Trial of Ofatumumab and Bortezomib in Subjects With Relapsed Cluster of Differentiation Antigen 20 (CD20)+ Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma, Follicular Lymphoma, or Mantle Cell Lymphoma|
|Study Start Date :||October 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2013|
Experimental: Ofatumumab with Bortezomib
Ofatumumab was given intravenously on cycle 1 day 1 at a dose of 300mg, followed by a cycle 1 day 8 dose of 1000mg. During cycles 2 through cycle 6, Ofatumumab was given at a dose of 1000mg on day 1 of each cycle, with no dosing on any other day of the cycle. Bortezomib was given intravenously at a dose of 1.6mg/m2 on days 1, 8, and 15 of each cycle, following the Ofatumumab infusion, if given.
- Response Rate of Ofatumumab in Combination With Bortezomib in Patients With Relapsed CD20+ (Cluster of DIfferentiation Antigen 20) Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma, Follicular Lymphoma, or Mantle Cell Lymphoma [ Time Frame: Every 2 cycles during treatment and then every 3 months for 2 years ]Based on International Working Group (IWG) criteria, recorded in four categories: Complete Response (CR), disappearance of all evidence of disease; Partial Response (PR), regression of measurable disease and no new sites of disease; Progressive Disease (PD), Any new lesion or increase by >= 50% of previously involved sites from nadir. Stable Disease (SD), failure to attain CR/PR or PD. A response is defined to be either CR/PR. A failure in response includes SD/PD.
- Overall Survival [ Time Frame: Up to every 3 months for 2 years ]This outcome measure is defined as the time from initiation of treatment to death due to any cause.
- Progression Free Survival [ Time Frame: Up to every 3 months for 2 years ]This outcome measure is defined as the length of time after treatment during which the patient survives with no sign of the disease.
- Disease Free Survival [ Time Frame: Up to every 3 months for 2 years ]The period of time between complete remission and recurrence of disease.
- Number of Participants With Adverse Events (Toxicity) [ Time Frame: Days 1, 8, and 15 of each course and 4-6 weeks after final treatment ]Toxicities and adverse experiences will be assessed at each visit using the NCI Common Toxicity Criteria for Adverse Events v4.0 Interim analyses on toxicity will be implemented based on the toxicity endpoints of the first 6 patients, and will be conducted sequentially 4 weeks after the treatment of each patient, or when serious toxicity has been observed for the patient, whichever comes earlier. we assume a non-informative prior distribution (Beta (0.001, 0.001)) for toxicity rate, and compute the posterior distribution of toxicity rate sequentially.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01397591
|United States, Oregon|
|OHSU Knight Cancer Institute|
|Portland, Oregon, United States, 97239|
|Principal Investigator:||Craig Okada||OHSU Knight Cancer Institute|