Genomic Analysis of Patients With Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01346020|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified April 2011 by Universitaire Ziekenhuizen Leuven.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : May 2, 2011
Last Update Posted : May 2, 2011
This study aims to characterize clonal evolution in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) using different approaches and to identify a possible association with disease progression, i.e. therapy initiation.
- Samples This monocentric study is carried out using representative bioarchived leukemic samples with a diagnosis of CLL, either at diagnosis or at evolution. These bioarchived samples were collected locally at our center during years of diagnostic activity, and were accurately pathologically, cytogenetically and molecularly characterized.
- Clinical data The clinical data were retrospectively collected through collaboration with the referring physicians.
- Methods Samples will be investigated by means of (1) conventional cytogenetics, (2) fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and (3) SNP-arrays. After analysis of the array data sets, significant results will be validated and in addition, results will be correlated with clinical data.
|Condition or disease|
|Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||53 participants|
|Official Title:||Genomic Analysis of Patients With Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia|
|Study Start Date :||April 2010|
- Time to therapy [ Time Frame: baseline to day 1 of therapy ]Time from diagnosis to the start of first line therapy
- Genetic abnormalities detected by karyotyping, FISH or array-analysis [ Time Frame: 13-102 months ]Detection of any type of genetic abnormality or pattern of abnormalities present at diagnosis or at time of disease progression (e.g. median 41 months after diagnosis, range 13-102 months) by means of karyotyping, fluorescent in situ hybridization or array-analysis.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01346020
|Department of human genetics, University Hospital Leuven|
|Leuven, Belgium, 3000|