Study of Information Received About Fertility and Infertility in Patients Who Have Finished Treatment for Cancer
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
RATIONALE: Learning about the amount of information on fertility and infertility by patients before they received treatment for cancer in a comprehensive cancer center may help doctors plan the best treatment.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying the amount of information on fertility and infertility received by patients before treatment of cancer in patients who have finished treatment.
|Cancer||Other: questionnaire administration Other: study of socioeconomic and demographic variables Procedure: assessment of therapy complications Procedure: fertility assessment and management Procedure: psychosocial assessment and care Procedure: quality-of-life assessment|
|Official Title:||Descriptive Study to Evaluate the Information and Psychosocial Issues on the Risk on Infertility in Cancer Patients After Receiving Treatment in a Comprehensive Cancer Center|
- Amount of information received on aspects of fertility and infertility
- Relationship between demographic data, diagnosis, quality of life, and associated psychosocial information received
|Study Start Date:||December 2010|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2012 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- To determine the amount of information received on aspects of fertility and infertility in patients with cancer prior to receiving treatment in a comprehensive cancer center.
- To analyze whether the information received by patients is related to the desire to be parents.
- To analyze whether the information received by patients is related to the desire to be informed.
- To determine whether there is a relationship between demographic data, diagnosis, quality of life, and associated psychosocial information received by patients.
OUTLINE: Patients complete questionnaires (Lickert and QLQ-C30) on the amount of information received prior to therapy and psychosocial issues on aspects of fertility and infertility once within 1-2 years after receiving treatment.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01295463
|Institut Catala D'Oncologia||Recruiting|
|l'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain, 08907|
|Contact: Josefina Rivera, RGN, MSN 34-93-260-7332 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Josefina Rivera, RGN, MSN||Institut Català d'Oncologia|