Recovery at the Post Anaesthetic Care Unit After Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01178489|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 10, 2010
Last Update Posted : September 22, 2011
|Condition or disease|
|PACU Stay After THA Under Spinal Anaesthesia PACU Stay After TKA Under Spinal Anaesthesia|
In this prospective, consecutive, observational cohort study we examine:
- Patient related problems in the PACU after hip and knee arthroplasty simply to answer the question "Why in PACU?", using a modified version of the national guidelines for patient observation in PACU.
- The time spent in PACU with the modified version of the national guidelines for patient observation in PACU.
- If the modified version of the national guidelines for patient observation in PACU results in patient related problems in the ward afterwards.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||170 participants|
|Official Title:||Recovery at the Post Anaesthetic Care Unit After Fast-track Hip and Knee Arthroplasty|
|Study Start Date :||August 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2011|
Patients undergoing arthroplasty
Patients undergoing primary, unilateral, total hip or knee arthroplasty under spinal anaesthesia
- Time to meet PACU discharge criteria [ Time Frame: 3 hours ]
- Actual discharge time from PACU [ Time Frame: 3 hours ]
- Clinical and logistic factors detaining patients in PACU [ Time Frame: 3 hours ]
- Potential complications at the surgical ward [ Time Frame: 24 hours ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01178489
|Hvidovre University Hospital|
|Copenhagen, Hvidovre, Denmark, 2650|
|Principal Investigator:||Troels H Lunn, M.D.||Hvidovre University Hospital|