SMS Reminder for Forgotten Ureteral Stents (sms&FUS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01172158|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified July 2010 by Dicle University.
Recruitment status was: Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : July 29, 2010
Last Update Posted : July 29, 2010
|Condition or disease|
In this study, first an institutional subscription agreement was signed between our university and a mobile phone cell company which is supporting SMS sending program. In the second step, by making software plug-in to our hospital's patient follow up program, two programs were integrated. According to this integration, after stent insertion, in case of entering the numerical code corresponding of ''ureteral stent application'' procedure during the stage of epicrisis preparation, the patient follow up system warns the official recording the epicrisis to enter the stent removal time. Patient follow up system transfers this information to SMS sending program. After several weeks of the procedure, if the stent needs to be removed, the software automatically sends a warning message to the patient and the physician. If the patients attends to urology department and undergoes stent removal, the official enters the code of "endoscopic stent removal" to the patient follow-up program. Then the program stops to send warning message.
By the software plug-in to patient follow up program, SMS sending was made mandatory not to forget or skip none of the patients during the epicrisis writing procedure.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||250 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||A Solution for Medical and Legal Problems Arising From Forgotten Ureteral Stents: Reminder Short Message Service (SMS)|
|Study Start Date :||May 2010|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||August 2011|
|Forgotten ureteral stents|
- A solution for medical and legal problems arising from forgotten ureteral stents: Reminder Short Message Service (SMS) [ Time Frame: five months ]
Primary Outcome Measure will be evaluated with;
- Number of the patients who admitted for stent removal will be compared with the patients who did not admit. So the effectivity of the SMS sending proram will be evaluated.
- The percentage of complication of forgotten ureteral stent will be calculated. And this rate will be compared with the previous rate of same department and the rates reported in the literature.
- Patient satisfaction surveys
- The time of the patients admitted. The data obtained from this study will be compared with previous data.
- SMS Reminder for Forgotten Ureteral Stents [ Time Frame: one year ]Secondary, this practice can be prevalent in all hospitals at the our country.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01172158
|Dicle University School of Medicine|
|Principal Investigator:||Ahmet A Sancaktutar, Asist Prof.||Department of Urology, Dicle University School of Medicine|