Improving Substance Abuse Counseling Adherence Using Web-based Videoconferencing
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01142609|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 11, 2010
Last Update Posted : April 4, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Substance Abuse Disorder||Behavioral: eGet|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||85 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Improving Substance Abuse Counseling Adherence Using Web-based Videoconferencing|
|Study Start Date :||December 2009|
|Primary Completion Date :||August 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||August 2012|
Experimental: Internet (eGetgoing)
Subjects will assigned to use an accredited web-based platform (eGetgoingTM, CRC Health Group, Inc.) to deliver routine substance abuse counseling.
eGet individual counseling sessions from home will be scheduled weekly for 12 weeks.
No Intervention: Routine on-site
Subjects will attend routine face-to-face individual counseling sessions.
- Counseling efficacy [ Time Frame: Weekly for 12 weeks ]Attendance to individual counseling sessions, both online and on-site will be tracked weekly for the duration of the study.
- Reinforcement value (eGetgoing) [ Time Frame: Monthly for 3 months ]Subjects will complete monthly surveys to evaluate the reinforcement value of eGetgoing using a multiple choice design that will compare its perceived value to other aspects of routine treatment (e.g., take-home medications).
- Reinforcement value (on-site) [ Time Frame: Baseline ]Subjects will complete a survey to evaluate the reinforcement value of eGetgoing using a multiple choice design that will compare its perceived value to other aspects of routine treatment (e.g., take-home medications).
- Program Satisfaction [ Time Frame: Baseline and monthly for 3 months ]Subjects will complete a survey to assess their overall program satisfaction
- Treatment cost [ Time Frame: Baseline and Month 3 ]Subjects will complete surveys to measure treatment related time and monetary travel costs.
- Therapeutic relationship [ Time Frame: Baseline and monthly for 3 months ]Subjects and their therapists will complete surveys to assess qualities of the therapeutic relationship.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01142609
|United States, Maryland|
|Addiction Treatment Services|
|Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21224|
|Principal Investigator:||Van King, M.D.||Johns Hopkins University|