Comprehensive Omics Analysis of Pediatric Solid Tumors and Establishment of a Repository for Related Biological Studies
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01109394|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 23, 2010
Last Update Posted : June 22, 2018
- Laboratory investigators who are studying common childhood cancers are interested in developing a tissue repository to collect and store blood, serum, tissue, urine, or tumors of children who have cancer or adults who have common childhood cancers. To develop this repository, additional samples will be collected from children and adults who have been diagnosed with common childhood cancers such as leukemia and tumors of the central nervous system.
- To collect and store blood, serum, tissue, urine, or tumor samples of children who have cancer or adults who have common childhood cancers.
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with a common childhood cancer (e.g., leukemia) regardless of patient age.
- Children, adolescents, and adults who have been diagnosed with a type of cancer more commonly found in adults.
- Extra blood, serum (the liquid part of blood), tissue, urine, or tumor samples will be collected from participants at a time when sampling is required for medical care or as part of a research study.
- No additional procedures will be performed for the sole purpose of obtaining additional tumor tissue, aside from what is required for clinical care.
|Condition or disease|
|Sarcoma Endocrine Tumors Neuroblastoma Retinoblastoma Renal Cancer|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||6035 participants|
|Official Title:||Comprehensive Omics Analysis of Pediatric Solid Tumors and Establishment of a Repository for Related Biological Studies|
|Study Start Date :||April 19, 2010|
Adult or Pediatric subjects, with any malignancy, pre-malignancy, suspected malignancy, family history of malignancy, or without malignancy undergoing surgery or well visit.
Human samples, specimens and data collected on IRB approved protocols that are now closed
Parent/caregiver of a participating pediatric or adult subject who is being treated for, or who has previously been treated for any form of pediatric cancer.
- Tissue analysis [ Time Frame: ongoing ]Perform systematic molecular, genomic, proteomic, metabolomics and other high throughput ("Omics") profiling on tumor and normal tissues
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01109394
|Contact: Donna M Bernstein, R.N.||(240) email@example.com|
|Contact: Rosandra N Kaplan, M.D.||(301) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Maryland|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike||Recruiting|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Contact: For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact National Cancer Institute Referral Office (888) NCI-1937|
|Principal Investigator:||Rosandra N Kaplan, M.D.||National Cancer Institute (NCI)|