Genetic & Pathological Studies of BRCA1/BRCA2: Associated Tumors & Blood Samples
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01034033|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : December 17, 2009
Last Update Posted : July 14, 2016
|Condition or disease|
|Breast Cancer Ovarian Cancer Gynecologic Cancers Ovarian/Peritoneal/Fallopian Cancer|
- To establish a demographic database to evaluate the efficacy of medical interventions in patients and relatives who carry BRCA1 and 2 mutations and to compare these outcomes to patients who do not carry a BRCA1 or 2 mutation.
- To obtain blood samples from patients who undergo genetic testing to a) evaluate the incidence of genetic modifier polymorphisms involved in the development of cancer in BRCA1 and 2 mutation carriers and to compare this incidence to non-BRCA 1 and 2 carriers. b) to understand the interaction of genetic modifiers and BRCA1 and 2 in the development of cancer. c) to determine the effect of environmental influences on the incidence of polymorphisms in genetic modifiers and on the penetrance of BRCA1 and 2 mutations by linking information from our demographic database to blood samples and
- To obtain tumor tissue from BRCA1 and 2 carriers to utilize for gene expression studies.
- To establish a cohort of sporadic breast cancer patients, or women with no family history of cancer in a first degree relative, to serve as a comparison group to women with strong family history of breast cancer.
- To establish a cohort of healthy volunteers without personal or family history of cancer to serve as a comparison group to women with sporadic and familial breast cancer.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1500 participants|
|Official Title:||Genetic & Pathological Studies of BRCA1/BRCA2: Associated Tumors & Blood Samples|
|Study Start Date :||August 2001|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2099|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2099|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01034033
|Contact: Meredith Mills||(650) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, California|
|Stanford University School of Medicine||Recruiting|
|Stanford, California, United States, 94305|
|Contact: Meredith Mills 650-724-5223 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: James M Ford|
|Sub-Investigator: Hanlee P. Ji|
|Sub-Investigator: Vandana Bhardwaj Sharma|
|Sub-Investigator: Patrick O. Brown|
|Sub-Investigator: Maria Gramatges|
|Sub-Investigator: Allison Walsh Kurian|
|Principal Investigator:||James M Ford||Stanford University|