Study Using WST11 in Patients With Non-Resectable or Inoperable Cholangiocarcinoma
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00975039|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (Early end of enrolment with regards to difficulty met to enrol patients .)
First Posted : September 11, 2009
Last Update Posted : April 18, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cholangiocarcinoma||Drug: WST11||Phase 2|
This is an open-label, prospective, multicentre, phase IIa study, evaluating a new therapeutic agent in the management of patients suffering from inoperable or non resectable biliary carcinoma. The patients will receive the dose of WST11 according to order of inclusion. The first 3 patients will receive 2.5 mg/kg. In the absence of toxicity, the following 9 patients will receive the dose of 5 mg/kg.
The patient is to receive anesthesia. WST11-mediated therapy will consist of the combination of single IV administration of WST11 at doses of 2.5mg/kg or 5mg/kg, using 753nm laser light at a fixed power of (150mW/cm) and light energy (200 J/cm) delivered through a diffusing fiber. The fiber is introduced in a transparent standard ERCP catheter and positioned under radioscopy in front of the lesion.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||8 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of WST11-mediated Vascular Targeted Photodynamic Therapy in Non-resectable or Inoperable Cholangiocarcinoma|
|Study Start Date :||September 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2012|
Treatment with WST11-mediated VTP
WST11-mediated VTP will consist of the combination of a single IV administration of WST11 at doses of 2.5 and 5 mg/kg, using 753nm laser light at a fixed power (150 mW/cm) and light energy (200 J/cm). Illumination in the bile duct is performed by inserting a diffusing fiber, with cylindrical uniform light distribution, in a transparent standard ERCP catheter and by positioning, under radioscopy, the illumination tip of the diffusing fiber in front of the lesion.
Other Name: WST11-mediated VTP
- Evaluation of the safety based on analysis of adverse events , clinical laboratory tests, electrocardiogram, physical examination, absence of local or general complications and phototoxicity of WST11 in inoperable or non resectable cholangiocarcinoma [ Time Frame: Patient inclusion - Month 6 ]
- Evaluation of the antitumor efficacy of WST11-mediated VTP therapy by comparing the objective response rate on the tumor. [ Time Frame: Month 1, Month 3 & Month 6 ]
- Evaluation of the effect of WST11-mediated VTP therapy on cholestasis and on the incidence of biliary complications of obstructive origin. [ Time Frame: Month 1, Month 3 & Month 6 ]
- Evaluation of the effect of treatment on patient quality of life QLQ-C30. [ Time Frame: Month 1, Month 3 & Month 6 ]
- Evaluation of the global survival after WST11-mediated VTP [ Time Frame: Month 6 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00975039
|Clinique de l'Alma|
|Principal Investigator:||Emmanuel Ben Soussan, MD||Clinique de l'Alma|