Questionnaire in Screening Older Patients With Cancer
RATIONALE: A screening questionnaire may help doctors plan better treatment for older patients with cancer.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying a questionnaire in screening older patients with cancer.
Head and Neck Cancer
Other: medical chart review
Other: screening questionnaire administration
Procedure: comparison of screening methods
Procedure: quality-of-life assessment
|Study Design:||Allocation: Non-Randomized
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Screening
|Official Title:||Validation of a Screening Tool in Geriatric Oncology|
- Validation of G8 screening tool
|Study Start Date:||June 2008|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Validate a new screening tool (G8).
- Validate the French version of the screening tool "Vulnerable Elders Survey (VES-13)".
- Evaluate the merits of the screening tools (G8 and VES-13).
- Assess the screening tool in specific populations.
- Assess the number and type of interventions proposed after thorough geriatric assessment.
- Compare the two new tools (G8 vs VES-13).
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
During the first consultation, patients have an initial clinical evaluation questionnaire comprising the G8. They also complete the self-questionnaire VES-13. Within 30 days, patients have a thorough geriatric assessment, including quality of life and physical function, by a physician without access to the G8 or VES-13 questionnaires. A blood specimen is also collected.
Information on health status and quality of life is collected from medical records or from the doctor after 1 and 5 years.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00963911
|Bordeaux, France, 33076|
|Principal Investigator:||Pierre Soubeyran, MD, PhD||Institut Bergonié|