Characteristics of Persons With an Eating Disorder and Type 1 Diabetes
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00945711|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 24, 2009
Last Update Posted : December 2, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Eating Disorder Type 1 Diabetes|
The goal of this study is to conduct a chart audit on all patients with type 1 diabetes who have been seen collaboratively by International Diabetes Center (IDC) and Park Nicollet Eating Disorder Institute (EDI) staff from 2005 - 2008 and their matched eating disordered controls.
- What are the general characteristics of the ED DM T1 population?
- How are ED DM T1 patients different from the matched eating disordered patients with respect to race, marital status, age of onset, eating behaviors, self-reported highest and lowest weight, exercise frequency and duration, number of hospital admissions, number of emergency room visits, medication needs, and other medical and psychological/psychiatric comorbidities?
- How are ED DM T1 patients different from the matched eating disordered patients with respect to the affective and cognitive aspects of eating disorders such as self-reported depression symptoms, body image distortion, thoughts and feelings about eating, psychological concerns, readiness to change, self-esteem and anxiety?
- For ED DM T1 patients, what is the time relationship of the diagnosis of diabetes and an eating disorder?
- For ED DM T1 patients, what is the relationship of BMI and A1c?
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||154 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Characteristics of Persons With an Eating Disorder and Type 1 Diabetes and Psychological Comparisons to Persons With an Eating Disorder and No Diabetes|
|Study Start Date :||March 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2010|
Eating Disorder Diabetes Mellitus T1 patients
Eating Disorder only patients
- define general characteristics of the diabetes and eating disorder population [ Time Frame: 2005 - 2008 ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00945711
|United States, Minnesota|
|International Diabetes Center|
|Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55416|
|Principal Investigator:||Margaret Powers, PhD||International Diabetes Center at Park Nicollet|