RAD001 in Combination With PKC412 in Patients With Relapsed, Refractory or Poor Prognosis AML or MDS
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00819546|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : January 9, 2009
Last Update Posted : July 11, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Acute Myeloid Leukemia Myelodysplastic Syndrome||Drug: RAD001 Drug: PKC412||Phase 1|
- This is a dose-escalation study in which 3 participants will be given a particular starting dose of RAD001 on a certain schedule. If the dose and schedule are well tolerated, then the next 3 participants enrolled will be assigned a new dosing schedule and/or a higher dose of RAD001. This will continue until a maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is reached for RAD001.
- Each cycle of treatment consists of 28 days on an outpatient basis. Participants will receive RAD001 as the assigned schedule and dosage on day 1 and on days 8 through 28 for the first cycle. For all subsequent cycles RAD001 will be taken once daily. Additionally, all participants will take PKC412 twice a day on days 2 through 28 for the first cycle. For all subsequent cycles PKC412 will be taken twice daily.
- During the course of the trial the following evaluations and procedures will be completed at various times: review of medical history; review of concomitant medications; physical exam; performance status; vital signs; EKG; chest x-ray; blood tests and bone marrow aspirate/biopsy.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||36 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I Trial of Escalating Dose of RAD001 in Combination With PKC412 in Patients With Relapsed, Refractory or Poor Prognosis AML or MDS|
|Study Start Date :||January 2009|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2017|
|Only one arm on this study.||
Participants will receive RAD001 on day 1 at the dose specified then again on days 8-28 for the first cycle. For all subsequent cycles RAD001 will be taken once daily.
Other Name: everolimusDrug: PKC412
50mg orally twice a day on days 2-28 for the first cycle. For all subsequent cycles 50mg of PKC412 will be taken orally twice daily.
Other Name: midostaurin
- To identify the maximum tolerated dose of RAD001 that can be given in combination with twice daily PKC412 in patients who are non-chemotherapy candidates with AML or MDS. [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- To determine the toxicities of combination of RAD001 and PKC412. [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Observe anti-leukemic effects of this combination including a coda of patients with mutant FLT3 AML. [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Measure pharmacokinetics of each agent when administered in combination. [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
- Observe the pharmacodynamic effects on the phosphorylation of FLT3 and on activation of relevant signaling pathways and correlate such activation with response. [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00819546
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Massachusetts General Hospital|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02114|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02115|
|Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02215|
|Principal Investigator:||Richard Stone, MD||Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|