Preoperative Docetaxel for Localized Progressive Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00811031|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn
First Posted : December 18, 2008
Last Update Posted : July 30, 2012
- To evaluate the association of the probability of increase in phosphorylation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) of > 0.5 in peripheral blood leucocytes following pre-operative docetaxel chemotherapy, with progression-free survival in localized castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)
- To evaluate the association of the probability of increase in phosphorylated platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) expression in peripheral blood leucocytes > 0.5 with indices of tumor regression including PSA-decline by 50% and measures of objective regression of tumor by transrectal MRI following pre-operative docetaxel therapy.
- Explore associations of probability of increase in phosphorylated PDGFR in peripheral blood leucocytes following pre-operative docetaxel therapy with plasma PDGF kinetics and spatial and quantitative PDGF and phosphorylated PDGFR expression in tumor and stromal compartments in resected specimens.
- Evaluate the association of probability of increase in phosphorylated PDGFR expression in peripheral blood leucocytes following pre-operative docetaxel chemotherapy with overall survival outcomes.
- Assess global quality of life measures at baseline and 6 and 12 months post-operatively.
- Create a tissue archive comprising tumor and peripheral blood specimens as a suitable resource for future genomic and proteomic studies.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Prostate Cancer||Drug: Taxotere Drug: Prednisone||Phase 2|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase II Study of Pre-operative Docetaxel for Progressive Localized Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer|
|Experimental: Taxotere + Prednisone||
75 mg/m^2 Day 1 of every 21-day cycle by vein for 4 cycles prior to surgery.
Other Name: docetaxelDrug: Prednisone
5 mg twice a day by mouth.
- Pre-to-post chemotherapy increase phosphorylation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) [ Time Frame: PDGFR will be estimated for each patient based on blood samples taken at day 0 and at day 42 using the Bayesian survival time regression model. ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00811031
|Principal Investigator:||Lance Pagliaro, MD||UT MD Anderson Cancer Center|