Safety Study of TAK-593 Given Orally in Subjects With Nonhematologic Advanced Cancer
This study has been completed.
Information provided by:
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
First received: October 15, 2008
Last updated: April 23, 2010
Last verified: April 2010
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety and toxicity profile of TAK-593 and determine the maximum tolerated dose of TAK-593.
||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||A Multicenter Phase I Clinical and Pharmacokinetic Study of Oral TAK-593 in Subjects With Nonhematologic Advanced Cancer
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Toxicities of TAK-593 Pharmacokinetic parameters of TAK-593 [ Time Frame: 18-24 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- Response outcomes including objective response and clinical benefit response. [ Time Frame: 18-24 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
| Estimated Enrollment:
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||January 2010 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
3-6 subjects each cohort. Escalate dose after safety evaluation of subjects in cohort
Tablets of TAK-593 investigational drug for oral administration, tablets in 2 strengths: 1 mg and 4 mg tablets.
Administration will initially be 4 mg, once a day and transition to 2 mg BID schedule dependant on safety
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- ≥ 18 years of age diagnosed with advanced solid tumor cancer that failed to respond to standard therapies and where no other treatment options are available.
- No prior chemotherapy
- Able to understand and follow study requirements
- Subject or subject's legal representative signs a written, informed consent form prior to beginning any study procedures.
- Women who are post-menopausal for at least 1 year before screening or surgically sterile
- Women of childbearing potential agree to practice two effective methods of birth control from the time of signing the informed consent form through 30 days after the last dose of the study drug or agree to completely abstain from heterosexual intercourse.
- Men who agree to practice an effective method of birth control for the entire study treatment period and through 30 days after the last dose of study drug or completely agree to abstain from heterosexual intercourse.
- Ability to swallow and retain oral medication
- Meet study specific laboratory test standards for bone marrow function, liver function, blood pressure, and renal function.
- Cancer has spread to the brain
- History of another cancer diagnosed or treated within the past 3 years.
- Severe cardiovascular issues including heart attack within the past 6 months, unstable angina or arrhythmias that require treatments.
- Severe thyroid disease
- Unstable angina
- Arrhythmia issues
- History of bleeding issues
- Serious wounds, ulcers or bone fractures that do not heal
- Subject is pregnant or breast feeding
- Subject has illnesses or conditions that may affect their ability to participate in the study
- Subject participated in another clinical study/post marketing clinical study within 4 weeks prior to the start of this trial.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00773929
|Karmanos Cancer Institute
|Detroit, Michigan, United States, 48201 |
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
||Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on April 27, 2016
||Clinical Research Monitor, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||October 15, 2008
||April 23, 2010
||United States: Food and Drug Administration